The CookingBites Cookalong: Chinese Dumplings

You are on the thread - not really a challenge but a Cook Along. Post your recipe in the appropriate forum then link it here.

There is a wonton challenge? lol. I will after I cook it in the broth tonight for our appetizer.

Its a Chinese Dumpling Cookalong and as @ElizabethB says, this is the Cookalong thread. There is no need to post it as a recipe unless you want to. You can just post the photos and comments in this thread.

Is there a way to clear up the broth. I strained it a few times but this is the best I can get it.

I don't have cheese cloth ntw

20180204_144412.jpg

Is there a way to clear up the broth. I strained it a few times but this is the best I can get it.

I don't have cheese cloth ntw

View attachment 13475

Egg white poached gently in the broth... the 'bits' attach to the egg white which you then remove. Can't guarantee that it will work but that is what Chefs do.

Is that fat or bits of things? If it's fat, let it sit overnight in the refrigerator so the fat will all float to the top and congeal, then simply pick off or use a slotted spoon with small holes or small mesh strainer to skim it off. You could also use 1 of those fat separator "measuring cups" to get most of it off if you don't have time for the overnight method.

If it's bits, any of the above.

I am losing what little mind I have left!!:hyper:
My dumpling thingy filling is made - I am pleased with it. I have been trying to make a sauce/dip for the dumplings. First attempt was an epic fail. Working on try #2.

Back
Top Bottom