Canned pinto beans???? Why on earth would I spend $1 on a can of pinto beans when that same dollar will buy the equivalent of at least 12 cans if I buy dried and just add water?
Thanks for saving me a look.

I must admit I have never come across cheese in Falafel (or tortilla chips). I think these are really bean burgers - and they may be rather good - but the aren't Falafel. But I'm sure that pinto beans (dried and soaked) ought to work just fine. At the moment I'm experimenting with dried peas...

I must admit I have never come across cheese in Falafel (or tortilla chips). I think these are really bean burgers - and they may be rather good - but the aren't Falafel. But I'm sure that pinto beans (dried and soaked) ought to work just fine. At the moment I'm experimenting with dried peas...
I looked at that recipe. I think fawful would fit better.
I think the spices in your recipe would fit much better.

I looked at that recipe. I think fawful would fit better.
I think the spices in your recipe would fit much better.

Please note that the recipe I posted is just an example. It not my recipe! I've only cooked Falafel once before (not using that recipe) and it wasn't a great success.

The recipe is here:http://www.meatlessmonday.com/recipes/pinto-bean-falafel-with-avocado-2/

But beware - this is using canned beans which is not really the right way to make falafel.

@morning glory

I believe it could be made with Pinto or White Spanish Alubias or Pochas or Italian Cannelli beans soaked over night ..

I just used the website récipe as a confirmation just glancing at it ..

I love chick pea Falafel and would not change th Israeli / Egyptian / Jordanian or Libanese récipe !!

I might experiment with spices but not the Beans !!

I have made it and I have eaten it out many times as well .. There is a wonderful Middle Eastern Restaurant in the Diagonal Shopping Centre ..

Well, looks like next time I am off, I shall prepare it !

Have a lovely evening ..

@morning glory

I am going to post my Israeli Friend´s Recipe that I use. However, I do not have a photo. I will prepare them next week .. Mondays are my documents and paper work day so I can manage to go get the ingredients and the spices at the La Boqueria Mercat ..

Have a nice day ..

@Cinisajoy

It was sent to you just as a confirmation if you wanted to use Pinto beans instead of Chick peas ..

Nothing more !

Have a nice day.
I know. Thanks for the sort of confirmation.
In all honesty, that looked like a gringo-mexican bean burger shoved in a pita.
You have to consider in the US, pretty much anything goes on names.
I am still trying to figure out why she thought an avocado would tone down the spiciness. Especially since she had no fiery spices and avocado is not dairy.

We are veering off track (critting a third party recipe!). Back to the point. Everyone seems to think that dried pinto beans can be used. So, are you going to make some pinto bean falafel @Cinisajoy? I might well try this myself.

Back
Top Bottom