The CookingBites Cookalong: Ravioli

Thank you Morning Glory.

We struggled with having air trapped inside so I was surprised none of them burst.

I was pleasantly surprised that we could make them, lay them on a tray lined with baking paper dusted heavily with flour & refrigerate covered with plastic for several hours. A big help as I had parent teacher evening at the high school.

Thank you Morning Glory.

We struggled with having air trapped inside so I was surprised none of them burst.

I was pleasantly surprised that we could make them, lay them on a tray lined with baking paper dusted heavily with flour & refrigerate covered with plastic for several hours. A big help as I had parent teacher evening at the high school.

Yes - I learned this too. They really do keep very well overnight too and possibly a little longer. Ideal for a dinner party starter.

Thank you everyone who joined in with the Ravioli Cookalong. It has been a wonderful learning curve for me and, I think, for other members. We have had seven members creating, cooking and photographing their ravioli. There have been some wonderful ideas for fillings and lots of tips about techniques and some great photography. Thanks too, to all those members who joined in the discussion along the way. The next Cookalong dish is Falafel. Watch out for the new thread.

Little P.S. I made ravioli for last night's dinner with 1/4 wholemeal flour and 3/4 pasta flour, and filled it with Stilton. It took a little longer to cook, presumably because of the wholemeal flour, but was delicious. :D

Little P.S. I made ravioli for last night's dinner with 1/4 wholemeal flour and 3/4 pasta flour, and filled it with Stilton. It took a little longer to cook, presumably because of the wholemeal flour, but was delicious. :D

I am meaning to try out wholemeal flour. I suppose it would take longer - I don't think 100% wholemeal would be so good (too difficult to roll) but 1/4 is a good idea.

I am meaning to try out wholemeal flour. I suppose it would take longer - I don't think 100% wholemeal would be so good (too difficult to roll) but 1/4 is a good idea.
It was more difficult to roll - I had to add a couple of teaspoons of water to stop it crumbling, but even then my pasta machine wasn't happy the first couple of times it went through. There was no way I could have rolled it by hand like I do with the lasagne sheets.

Back
Top Bottom