The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Almonds

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't drink almond milk. I also don't use almond flour.

I have to admit, I have no idea what your "case" is, but ok... 😕
If you don't drink almond milk or use almond flour, there would be no need to make either of them. If you drink almond liquer, there would be a reason to make it.

Probably need a mod to make a new thread out of the superfluous posts in this thread, even though they are related, they are more about forum members going nuts and derailing murphyscreek challenge thread. Sorry, Murphy.

If i were going to enter, I would use almonds in multiple forms to make a finished item. But I'm not sure I will do anything this time, though I have some good ideas.

If you have ideas please enter! I'm stuck a bit as well. But I like challenge and I know I'll probably come up with something.

I don't like banana bread, regardless of the nut situation, and except for pecan pie, I don't generally like nuts in dessert pies, and even with pecan pie, I wait until it's room temp, so the nuts are back to being like nuts out of a bag, and then I don't eat all of them.

On top of that, I'm not that crazy about dessert pies, anyway. They're a take-it-or-leave-it thing with me. I'm a cake fellow. And I don't like nuts in cakes.

Nuts in savoury works too

Maybe for you, but not for me. Generally speaking, of course. :)

Almond milk can be used in more or less any recipe specifying regular milk and that means savoury recipes too. Its creamier than cow's milk, to my taste buds. I suggest you might buy some almond milk just to try it? I use the non-sweetened sort.

Almond milk can be used in more or less any recipe specifying regular milk and that means savoury recipes too. Its creamier than cow's milk, to my taste buds. I suggest you might buy some almond milk just to try it? I use the non-sweetened sort.
I have a vanilla flavored protein powder that I mix with unsweetened, unflavored almond milk every morning to put into my coffee. It's a lot healthier than cow's cream, half and half, milk, etc. and just as tasty. I also like it with cereal. In fact, although I love cream and half n half, I don't like cow's milk at all unless it is full fat and very fresh. I can't abide by skim, 1%, or 2%. But even still the almond milk tastes better.

I have made pudding from the powder mix with almond milk before and it turned out great. You have to use less almond milk than if you were using regular milk or the pudding will not set properly.

I think good with dairy milk, thanks. :okay: :)

And, just in case it needs clarification, when I earlier said I didn't generally care for nuts cooked in things, I wasn't talking about nut milks or flours, or liquors, I meant pieces of nuts, like what you'd find in a cake, or a brownie, something along those lines.

If you have ideas please enter! I'm stuck a bit as well. But I like challenge and I know I'll probably come up with something.
I am just feeling so mopey at the moment, LOL. I have been going to the dentist and the doctor way more than I like, especially in times of COVID. I just had part 1 of a shingles vaccine yesterday and I feel as if I were punched repeatedly in my left deltoid. And they took blood out of that arm as well. To the dentist I go tomorrow, and again one day next week, and then I am done with dentists and doctors for the rest of the year if I can help it!!!

Maybe in a week or two I will feel more like participating. If I make something for a challenge, it has to be original and complex. I have several ideas...if they will taste as good as they do in my imagination, that would be great, but not sure that's going to happen!!!!

I am just feeling so mopey at the moment, LOL. I have been going to the dentist and the doctor way more than I like, especially in times of COVID. I just had part 1 of a shingles vaccine yesterday and I feel as if I were punched repeatedly in my left deltoid. And they took blood out of that arm as well. To the dentist I go tomorrow, and again one day next week, and then I am done with dentists and doctors for the rest of the year if I can help it!!!

Maybe in a week or two I will feel more like participating. If I make something for a challenge, it has to be original and complex. I have several ideas...if they will taste as good as they do in my imagination, that would be great, but not sure that's going to happen!!!!

Sorry. I'm suffering COVID blues too. I understand.

My thinking cap is going on. I have a feeling that there is a curry which uses ground almonds.

I think good with dairy milk, thanks. :okay: :)

And, just in case it needs clarification, when I earlier said I didn't generally care for nuts cooked in things, I wasn't talking about nut milks or flours, or liquors, I meant pieces of nuts, like what you'd find in a cake, or a brownie, something along those lines.
I think we understood what you meant, but it's fun to poke the Tasty, LOL. But I also don't think you have tried almond milk and don't plan on it. My husband was the same way, he had it once when it first came out on the market and I don't know what brand it was, but he hated it. I buy a good, expensive brand from California (Califa Farms) and insisted he try it on his cereal. He loved it and is now a convert. I have offered to get him regular milk and he declined...and he is darned picky at times!

I'm not keen on pieces of nuts in things either.

I just had part 1 of a shingles vaccine yesterday and I feel as if I were punched repeatedly in my left deltoid.
MrsTasty had that last year, and I swear, you'd have thought she'd been shot with a revolver, then stabbed in the bullet hole with a dagger.

Wow, I really do watch too many period murder mysteries. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm getting that shortly, maybe this week.

As to the almond milk, as was discussed in an earlier topic, I'm not a curious eater/taster. I don't look at things and say, "Hmmmm...I need to try that." I usually need a pretty compelling reason to do so.

Oh, and I have found a recipe I'm going to try, using pulverized blanched almonds. I'm looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom