The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Almonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
9:52 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current challenge ingredient is almonds and murphyscreek is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe containing almonds as a new thread, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. This challenge includes almonds in any form, including almond flour/meal and almond milk. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

Deadline: 12.00 midday Thursday 24th September UK time (GMT +1). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Do you like nuts in banana bread or pies?
I don't like banana bread, regardless of the nut situation, and except for pecan pie, I don't generally like nuts in dessert pies, and even with pecan pie, I wait until it's room temp, so the nuts are back to being like nuts out of a bag, and then I don't eat all of them.

On top of that, I'm not that crazy about dessert pies, anyway. They're a take-it-or-leave-it thing with me. I'm a cake fellow. And I don't like nuts in cakes.

I don't like banana bread, regardless of the nut situation, and except for pecan pie, I don't generally like nuts in dessert pies, and even with pecan pie, I wait until it's room temp, so the nuts are back to being like nuts out of a bag, and then I don't eat all of them.

On top of that, I'm not that crazy about dessert pies, anyway. They're a take-it-or-leave-it thing with me. I'm a cake fellow. And I don't like nuts in cakes.
I too like pecan pie at room temperature. I never considered that anyone would ever eat it otherwise. But I like EXTRA pecans in my pecan pie.

You're nuts, TastyReuben! <-- I wonder if that expression is used by people in other countries?

What have the nuts done to deserve all this hatred?!:D

Make something with invisible nuts

I first thought that this was a tricky ingredient, because I rarely make desserts, but really it all depends on how you frame it. I have used almonds in pesto many times, and there are also almond crusting for fish as another option.

Good point, my friend!
Almonds in pesto is such a great alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom