The CookingBites recipe challenge: bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I've finally written up both recipes, my dairy free, vegan cheese sauce and the Spaghetti Carbonara with Aubergine bacon.

Recipe - Spaghetti Carbonara with Aubergine "Bacon"

Please note the challenge deadline is midnight, close of day on the 17th September UK time. As I write, that is 4 hours and twenty minutes from now. To see the current time in the UK look underneath my avatar on the left.

So here ya go folks.
What a great turn-out for our Bacon Recipe Challenge. We got eleven recipes and all of them are fantastic!

Vegan Bacon, never thought of that, thanks SatNavSaysStraightOn
Cheesy Bacon Oatmeal I’m trying, for sure TastyReuben
Bacon Jam I’m making in the near future (just need to find the time), mahalo karadekoolaid

Our next CB Recipe Challenge judge is TastyReuben . I plan on making that Bourbon-Bacon Cream Cheese Frosting to put over some Devils Food Cupcakes for my next Bingo night out with the Neighborhood Gal Pals. I’m certain they’ll be sold out in a New York minute!

That was great fun, thank you all for participating.

Last edited:
Thanks for judging this challenge, kaneohegirlinaz, and thanks to everyone who participated and submitted such excellent recipes featuring bacon.

After a fitful first night in a new hotel, I’ve decided on…beer as our next ingredient. Braise with it, make a sauce with it, bake bread with it, marinate something in it, make a cocktail with it, because it’s versatile and works in both sweet and savory things. There are also vegan and gluten-free beers, should you want to go that route.

Let’s all do as Mr. Jim Ed Brown suggest and “pop a top” for the next challenge!

View: https://youtu.be/_uy-QlEkI4w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom