The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Basil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations ElizabethB! You are now judge of the next recipe challenge. Its over to you now to choose the next ingredient. There is a list of all the ingredients previously chosen in date order here and in alphabetical order here. It doesn't really matter if you choose something that has been chosen before as long as it wasn't too recent. Just post your choice in this thread and we will set up the new challenge.

That's what I thought I saw too. But apparently I wasn't looking at it correctly.

When I click the tag in your earlier post...I get 22, and one isn't an entry, but the opening post, so that makes it 21.

That's what I see, anyway. 🤷🏻‍♂️
...and I think I just figured it out.

The recipes I'm not seeing are all ones I've specifically set to ignore. If someone submits a recipe I'll never, ever, ever make, like Octopus Soufflé, I set it to ignore so posts about it won't show up in my feed. That also keeps them from showing up when I click a tag that's included with that recipe.

Sometimes those things just work out the best. I have often cooked food "by the seat of my pants" and had people tell me how wonderful it was, but most of the time I couldn't tell them how I did it!

I have decided on an ingredient.
There is a back story. We both love Hummus. Yesterday I made it for the first time. You can figure out that I will never buy Hummus again.

No - Humus is not the ingredient. In addition to never making Hummus before I have never used Tahini. I love it! I was not sure if it would be a suitable ingredient. I looked up recipes using Tahini. I was surprised at how versatile it is. Tahini is your ingredient for the next Recipe Challenge. I can not wait to see what you come up with.

I have decided on an ingredient.
There is a back story. We both love Hummus. Yesterday I made it for the first time. You can figure out that I will never buy Hummus again.

View attachment 44254

No - Humus is not the ingredient. In addition to never making Hummus before I have never used Tahini. I love it! I was not sure if it would be a suitable ingredient. I looked up recipes using Tahini. I was surprised at how versatile it is. Tahini is your ingredient for the next Recipe Challenge. I can not wait to see what you come up with.
Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom