The CookingBites recipe challenge: beer

Yes. But are you going to tell us what you used?

I cut a disk out of a thick paper plate that was the right size to sit about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch below the surface of the soup, so I could place some broccoli on top of it, so just a little of the broccoli stuck up above the surface of the soup.

CD

I cut a disk out of a thick paper plate that was the right size to sit about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch below the surface of the soup, so I could place some broccoli on top of it, so just a little of the broccoli stuck up above the surface of the soup.

CD

Clever! I've done similar using crumpled foil.

caseydog you have no competition for your Beer Braised Beef Short Ribs. My beef stew was a complete failure. I used the new to me, Instant Pot on 'slow cook'. Either I go the timing wrong or the beef was rubbish but the result was chalky textured shrivelled pieces of beef.

Sorry to hear that. I almost never use a new technique or tool for a recipe challenge. Too risky for me.

CD

Can we enter our fondue (Dish of the Month) into the beer recipe challenge? Kill two birds with one stone?

CD

Can we enter our fondue (Dish of the Month) into the beer recipe challenge? Kill two birds with one stone?

CD
I was wondering if I could enter my beer (dish of the month) into the fondue recipe challenge?

Sort of sounds like a candy commercial. LOL

Of course. The relevant rule is that you can't enter a recipe into the Recipe challenge if its already been posted on the forum in the past.

I was wondering if I could enter my beer (dish of the month) into the fondue recipe challenge?

To clarify, there isn't a fondue recipe challenge. 'Fondue' is currently 'Dish of the month' - its simply an invitation to cook fondue during October and post a photo of the result in the 'Dish of the month' thread. No winners. No requirement to post the recipe.

So its perfectly fine to post a photo of a fondue made in October in the 'Dish of the month' thread then write up the recipe for it and enter it into the current recipe challenge: beer.

I would post in the recipe challenge first, then in the dish of the month, and put a link to the recipe itself in both.

Like MG said, there are rules for the challenge, since it is a contest, but the dish of the month is not a contest, so it is pretty wide open.

CD

Recipe - Guinness laced Marie Rose sauce

Lots of fun!

+1 on that extension. I ran in to issues getting mine written up because of the flooding. I could do with a little extra time as well. Still got the garage to clear out age it flooded very badly again. Luckily the deep freeze is on 'stilts' nowadays so as to keep it above the previous high water level.

Back
Top Bottom