The CookingBites recipe challenge: beer

Any chance of a few days extension to the challenge TastyReuben? I've got a few recipes to write up and two to cook...

+1 on that extension. I ran in to issues getting mine written up because of the flooding. I could do with a little extra time as well. Still got the garage to clear out age it flooded very badly again. Luckily the deep freeze is on 'stilts' nowadays so as to keep it above the previous high water level.
Absolutely! What would you like, three days...five days? Just let me know!

3 days is OK - 5 days even better! I might be able to get a beef stew done to replace the disaster I made earlier.

And 3...

Recipe - Vegan Black Bean & Beer Brownies

Last edited:
Ohhhh, we’re getting down to the wire, better start thinking about a winner… 🤔

We’ve passed the deadline. Competition is closed for entries and I’ll render my judgment later today.

Thanks to everyone for contributing and participating - this has been a fun challenge!

Ok, first up, the comments and special mentions and all that:

I loved seeing all the beer cheese dips/fondues, so msmofet 's beer cheese fondue got us off to a great start, and even foreshadowed our current Dish of the Month. Beer cheese and pretzels are a staple here in German-heavy Cincy, so Puggles ' entry really looked good.

Speaking of pretzels/breads, there were plenty of those as well. SatNavSaysStraightOn represented the vegan side with some absolutely gorgeous beer pretzels, and four other entries for breads, from kaneohegirlinaz, Herbaceous, SatNavSaysStraightOn, and Morning Glory...bread/rolls make me think Autumn soups and stews, and any of those would go well with a bubbly bowl of stew.

Did someone mention soups and stews? We were spoiled with excellent entries for that as well. An excellent Hungarian entry from karadekoolaid, a restaurant standard (though much better, I'm sure) from caseydog, and a beautiful stew from Morning Glory...give me some of that bread, please!

Side dishes/starters/light bites were covered as well. Beer-braised mushrooms and some wonderfully-presented eggs from Morning Glory, and a traditional Welsh rarebit from karadekoolaid, all would satisfy a peckish appetite.

Main dishes...what a slate of choices! Beer-can chicken from murphyscreek (which inspired me to make my first-ever one), short ribs from caseydog, and a lovely stuffed pepper dish from medtran49 's kitchen.

Even a beery dessert, submitted by SatNavSaysStraightOn, to round out our feast for this challenge. The whole meal is covered.

Let's not forget, though, that we always need those supporting players that take the finished recipe from good to great, and Yorky 's beer batter, Morning Glory 's Marie Rose sauce and her onion gravy fit that category perfectly.

Wow, what a group of entries!

I'll post my winning entry right after I've had me breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom