The CookingBites recipe challenge: berries

Recipe - Spicy raspberry chicken wings

Believe it or not this is the first time I've ever cooked chicken wings. I liked them best 'off the bone' in a salad (see below):

Hoping I can get one more in before the deadline. These have to freeze first:
View attachment 88364

Oh gosh....I have sooooooo many entries that I can't accept another one. :laugh:

Kidding. This challenge is about quality, not quantity. :) Let me know how it's shaping up, timing wise, and I'm sure it will be allowed. Plus, I want to find out what the heck this is going to become!

I have extended the deadline to midnight Sunday GMT.

And, as it turns out, I've been misreading the deadline all these years. The original deadline of midnight (GMT + 1) Friday means I should have stopped the contest at 9 PM Thursday my time (EST); I was thinking I had until 9 PM Friday.

So, with the change in deadline, I will be stopping the contest at 9 PM EST Saturday (that's also TastyReuben's time, since he's the one who had that intriguing sheet pan of strawberries).

I have extended the deadline to midnight Sunday GMT.

And, as it turns out, I've been misreading the deadline all these years. The original deadline of midnight (GMT + 1) Friday means I should have stopped the contest at 9 PM Thursday my time (EST); I was thinking I had until 9 PM Friday.

So, with the change in deadline, I will be stopping the contest at 9 PM EST Saturday (that's also TastyReuben's time, since he's the one who had that intriguing sheet pan of strawberries).

That doesn't sound right... your time is only five hours behind mine. When its midnight on Friday UK (GMT + 1) time, it 7pm Friday for you. If you extend the deadline to Sunday then it will close at 7pm Sunday your time.

Look at the time under my icon on the left and compare to yours.

That doesn't sound right... your time is only five hours behind mine. When its midnight on Friday UK (GMT + 1) time, it 7pm Friday for you. If you extend the deadline to Sunday then it will close at 7pm Sunday your time.

Look at the time under my icon on the left and compare to yours.

Midnight Sunday is the first minute in the day, not the last minute in the day. So, midnight Sunday is 7 PM Saturday here (I calculated originally based on GMT, then subtracted 1 hour, for a 3 hour difference, instead of adding an hour for a 5 hour difference). So, you have 2 less hours than I thought to post your recipe, TastyReuben. :laugh:

Midnight Sunday is the first minute in the day, not the last minute in the day. So, midnight Sunday is 7 PM Saturday here (I calculated originally based on GMT, then subtracted 1 hour, for a 3 hour difference, instead of adding an hour for a 5 hour difference). So, you have 2 less hours than I thought to post your recipe, @TastyReuben. :laugh:

Oh gosh!

When we say deadline midnight Sunday in the UK it means the hour of midnight striking - the very end of the last hour on Sunday (not the first minute of Sunday). Technically this could be disputed because 12 midnight is neither am nor pm! But its generally accepted that if a challenge closes at midnight it means the end of that day.

When midnight strikes on Sunday in the UK it will be 7pm Sunday (EDT) in Detroit.

Last edited:
Oh gosh!

When we say deadline midnight Sunday in the UK it means the hour of midnight striking - the very end of the last hour on Sunday (not the first minute of Sunday). Technically this could be disputed because 12 midnight is neither am nor pm! But its generally accepted that if a challenge closes at midnight it means the end of that day.

When midnight strikes on Sunday in the UK it will be 7pm Sunday (EDT) in Detroit.

All I know is that the countdown counter on the home page is never right for my time zone.

CD

Recipe - Strawberry-Banana-Pistachio Frozen Dessert

Well, it looks like Morning Glory and I were both thinking frozen delights this time around...must be because of the recent heat wave!

This is a nice little treat (as a matter of fact, Weight Watchers refers to this as "nice cream," though there's no dairy in this particular one 🤷‍♂️ ), and it's a snap to whizz up in the food processor. Steps couldn't be simpler: roast some strawberries, freeze them (along with some banana slices), throw it in the machine, add a little honey, add some pistachio, give it a pulse or five, then re-freeze it to enjoy later.

Oh, and the way around the "what day is midnight" conundrum...we could end it either 11:59PM or 12:01AM, then there's no question. That's how we schedule everything in IT - avoids that whole midnight mess entirely. :okay:

Back
Top Bottom