The CookingBites recipe challenge: brown sugar

bowl-of-brown-sugar-substitute-hero-735x735.jpg

Brown Sugar on a Spoon

Ingredients

Brown sugar

Special Tools

Tablespoon

Directions

1. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of brown sugar from container.

2. Carefully move spoon toward your mouth to avoid spillage.

3. Insert brown sugar into your mouth. Take your time to savor it.

4. Repeat steps 1-3 as needed.

It seems to go through a fermentation process after enzymes are added looking at the company's website.

Learn About Swerve's Team & Founder | Swerve

I don't know if that changes Erythritol at all but if guess it probably does. Not that I'm defending it. It's not at the top of my list to use ordinarily either, but I guess it could change it.

I only have 1 sweetener that I like and use. Otherwise I just half the quantity of sugar.
Yeah. My late aunt was diabetic. She loved sweets. The alcohol sugars really messed with her.

Okay, I want to apologize if anybody feels they are being picked on or attacked or whatever by me. Honestly, I just can't believe there has been so much controversy over something that I thought would be a simple ingredient for the challenge. Guess the old saying of the road to hell is paved with good intentions applies here!
You should have seen what happened with lemons! lol

Well, I'm on board with brown sugar. I reckon its a good choice.

I know what you mean but...

I haven't really cooked and I certainly haven't photographed anything for three months since I broke my leg at the end of December, which then resulted in complications. Right now I can stand up for a short while and just might be able to cook something so long as it doesn't mean lingering over a pan. So, I suppose I'm pleased there are so many options as I might hit on one that I can do,
That’s rough, how did you break your leg? 😬

So you need a seated brown sugar recipe.. hmm.. tricky.

Funny this all.
I never really give sugar any thought, but reading through all these posts, I notice how deprived we are :)
We do have choices though. Cane sugar (light brown) and Cane sugar (darker brown)
I think the darker qualifies.
Then I do have palm sugar, but I bought that in Thailand years ago. Same colour as the darker cane sugar, so I figure I can use that as well

Funny this all.
I never really give sugar any thought, but reading through all these posts, I notice how deprived we are :)
We do have choices though. Cane sugar (light brown) and Cane sugar (darker brown)
I think the darker qualifies.
Then I do have palm sugar, but I bought that in Thailand years ago. Same colour as the darker cane sugar, so I figure I can use that as well
Some palm sugar is very light, so I think you'll be fine with light brown cane sugar. Raw sugar here in Australia is pretty light brown as well.

That’s rough, how did you break your leg? 😬

So you need a seated brown sugar recipe.. hmm.. tricky.

I fell asleep in a dining chair and fell off! I now only sit in chairs with arms. Ironically about 4 weeks ago I fell asleep in a chair with arms and trapped the radial nerve in my arm resulting in radial palsy, so left hand was completely floppy and useless. I couldn't really have cooked anything even if I was mobile. The palsy is now more or less gone, so at least I can chop things now.

I'm looking at developing a savoury recipe and have two ideas already.

View attachment 97922

Brown Sugar on a Spoon

Ingredients

Brown sugar

Special Tools

Tablespoon

Directions

1. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of brown sugar from container.

2. Carefully move spoon toward your mouth to avoid spillage.

3. Insert brown sugar into your mouth. Take your time to savor it.

4. Repeat steps 1-3 as needed.

Well, there's no point entering anything now. I think we have our winner.

CD :D

Back
Top Bottom