The CookingBites recipe challenge: capers/caper berries

First of all, thank you all for the wonderful entries! I love capers, and I'm really excited to try out these recipes!

We had a total of 19 entries, which I think is excellent given that capers are somewhat uncommon ingredient. I also love the versatility we have here; tapenades, fish dishes, meat dishes, pastas, salads, and entrees all made appearances.

Here are the entries, please let me know if I've missed any:

Karadekoolaid:
Caponata Siciliana
Salmon with white wine, capers, and dill
Salade Nicoise
Classic Tapenade

TastyReuben:
Konigsberg-Style meatballs
Italian Tuna & Artichoke Tramezzini

TheLateNightGourmet:
Caper Sauce
Ajiaco Bogotano Imposter
Butter Lime Tilapia

MsMofet:
Ms Mofet's Tomato Salad Puttanesca
Ms Mofet's Green Olive Tapenade

SatNavSaysStraightOn:
Greek Inspired Butter Beans with Capers and Caper Leaves
Vegan Swiss Chard Strudel with Tofu and Capers, Olives and... (I think the title might have got cut off!)

JAS_OH1:
Salmon and capers stuffed arancini

MorningGlory:
Spicy crab pappardelle
Roasted aubergine, potatoes, Padron peppers and caper berries
Charred pineapple and caper salsa
Picadillo
Egg schnitzel with avgolemono sauce and capers

I've had a very hard time choosing the winner, as there are a lot of really great looking recipes here.

The winner is Morning Glory with her recipe for Charred pineapple and caper salsa! Out of all the recipes that were posted, I think this is the one I'm most likely to make. I love how simple it is, and it looks very versatile and could go very well with a variety of foods.

Congratulations Morning Glory!

... OK. Since I won this round using pineapple and that hasn't ever before been chosen as the challenge ingredient - for better or worse:

The CookingBites recipe challenge: pineapple

Please add any comments about pineapple to the new thread.
Congrats.

And jolly good I've been hankering after a pineapple upside down cake of my childhood but have no idea how it was made!

... OK. Since I won this round using pineapple and that hasn't ever before been chosen as the challenge ingredient - for better or worse:

The CookingBites recipe challenge: pineapple

Please add any comments about pineapple to the new thread.
Congrats, or commiserations! I'll let you pick! Lol.

You'll have to forgive me, but I can't participate with that one. Pineapple like banana are the 2 things I can have in the veg & fruit world, but I expect everyone else will have fun with it.

Back
Top Bottom