The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cheddar cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheesy Vegemite Scrolls

Recipe & Video - Cheesy Vegemite Scrolls

Recipe - Glamorgan Sausages

Ok, first off, I know these don't look right (you'll see when I get the pics posted later). For whatever reason, I couldn't get these things to hold together, especially well enough to handle while dipping in the egg white and coating in the flour. Off to watch a video in a bit to see if I can crack the code.

Other than that...they taste great, similar to some potato pancakes I've had. They make a perfect picnic side dish, they can be eaten warm or room temperature, and they take to any number of dips/sauces. MrsT gives her two thumbs up vote as well. Definitely making these again.

All the stuff:

Everything mixed together:

Shaped (sort of):

Frying (and spreading):

Fried:

The inside:

Upon further researching this, I think I got the whole thing a little too wet. My apologies to the Welsh people, who come from a proud and fine culture, and don't deserve to see my sorrowful attempt to recreate one of their dishes. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Last edited:
Cauliflower Steaks with Vegan Cheddar sauce

This recipe is packed with hidden gems of ideas such as using Hemp Hearts to provide protein, flaxseeds to provide fiber, Daiya cheese and Vegan goat cheese for incredible flavor. Forget that this recipe is 100% Vegan...It is 100% delicious.
closeup-on-plate.jpg

Okay, I guess it is time for me to judge. I hope everyone had fun with cheddar!

I need some time to give adequate thought to each recipe. Today kind of flew by -- I had to go to some stores, and do yard work between rain storms. I should have a winner chosen by Sunday afternoon.

CD

Okay, I've been reading recipes for hours. Like I've said before, it is so hard to judge food you don't get to taste.

There were a lot of entries I thought hard about, and tasted in my imagination, and a handful I'd love to make. But, I kept coming back to this one entry that had me intrigued. It is like when you get a song stuck in your head, and it won't let you go.

So, the winner of the Cheddar CB Recipe Challenge is... drum roll please... Recipe - Cheddar Apple Pie Ice Cream by medtran49.

Again, it was not an easy choice. There are multiple recipes I read four or five times before making a decision. Thanks to everyone for your efforts!

CD

Okay, I've been reading recipes for hours. Like I've said before, it is so hard to judge food you don't get to taste.

There were a lot of entries I thought hard about, and tasted in my imagination, and a handful I'd love to make. But, I kept coming back to this one entry that had me intrigued. It is like when you get a song stuck in your head, and it won't let you go.

So, the winner of the Cheddar CB Recipe Challenge is... drum roll please... Recipe - Cheddar Apple Pie Ice Cream by medtran49.

Again, it was not an easy choice. There are multiple recipes I read four or five times before making a decision. Thanks to everyone for your efforts!

CD
Congratulations medtran49 👏👏👏🌠🌠🌠!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom