The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cheddar cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipe - Cheddar-Parmigiano Puff Pastry Rolls

Recipe - Hashbrown Casserole

This was never meant to be an entry. We're on vacation visiting some of my wife's family, and I offered to make an easy side dish for supper one night, and this is what I thought of, because of how simple it is to throw together and how well it always goes over.

It's a copycat of Cracker Barrel's hashbrown casserole. For those who don't know, Cracker Barrel is a chain of family restaurants that specializes in "down-home country cookin'" - so biscuits -and-gravy, chicken-and-dumplings, fried apples, that sort of thing.

To copy Cracker Barrel's recipe exactly, you'll need Colby cheese, but instead, I used Cheddar, which is a close relative to Colby, because the grocery store didn't have Colby, and then I remembered the challenge.

I've included my pic, but everyone cut into it before I could get a good pic, so I also included a pic from The Kitchn.

Before:

After:

Pic from The Kitchn:

I've only got 1 more thing planned, the ice cream, which I am starting today, but have been thinking about a souffle maybe, unless somebody else that hasn't entered or has only a couple is planning or decides they want to give it a whirl since I've got a few entries already.

I was hoping to find the time to do so (things have been a bit hectic as of late), although what I had in mind there are already some pretty similar things already submitted.

Go for it anyway if you have time! I just made a Cheddar broccoli soup (medtran49 has already entered one). Its similar but different so I'll enter it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom