The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cheddar cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, youngest of six, and a, shall we say, rather unpleasant big sister.

I had a kind of surreal talk with my mom just the other day. She's soon to be 83, but still with it.

Anyway, I mentioned in passing how, once when I was little (5yo), my older brothers tied me to a tricycle and pushed me down a fairly long flight of stairs - typical kid hijinks, and something I thought after all this time (I'm 55 in a couple of months) that she was fully aware of.

Well, she wasn't, and at 55yo, she made me run through a litany of abuses my older siblings put me through, and then she went and chewed them all out! It was hilarious and embarrassing, all at the same time. :laugh:

It's so sad to hear you both were bullied and maybe verbally abused, so sad. You both appear happy souls here. Btw I'm glad you are both here joshing with everyone.

Russ

It's so sad to hear you both were bullied and maybe verbally abused, so sad. You both appear happy souls here. Btw I'm glad you are both here joshing with everyone.

Russ
Thanks, but don't worry too much. That's just how siblings roughhouse around here. We all get along as grownups, minus the sister; I'm about the only one who'll talk to her regularly any longer, but she's got a volatile personality and can be hard to put up with.

One of these days, I'll tell you how they all held me down and tried to crack my head open on the power-assisted seat in the family station wagon. :laugh: 🤕

Thanks, but don't worry too much. That's just how siblings roughhouse around here. We all get along as grownups, minus the sister; I'm about the only one who'll talk to her regularly any longer, but she's got a volatile personality and can be hard to put up with.

One of these days, I'll tell you how they all held me down and tried to crack my head open on the power-assisted seat in the family station wagon. :laugh: 🤕
I find it hard to relate to bullying. I've never been bullied or bullied someone. I've stopped bullies. But I guess I've just been lucky.
And I grew up in a rough area!!

Russ

Would love to hear your story if it's not too painful to revisit?

Russ

I make something with cheddar cheese so regularly that I just don't think of it as anything too special. I could think outside of the box and make something unique but I am just not feeling it.

I can understand that. Ingredients I don’t typically use force me to think of things I’ve never tried to make, and that’s exciting. But, in this case, it also means we will be deprived of these recipes that you are so good at preparing if you don’t enter them. :)

I can understand that. Ingredients I don’t typically use force me to think of things I’ve never tried to make, and that’s exciting. But, in this case, it also means we will be deprived of these recipes that you are so good at preparing if you don’t enter them. :)
I hate writing them up. I am horrible about recipes. I fly by the seat of my pants quite often, so it's hard for me to say what and how much of whatever ingredients I am putting in, it varies greatly but thankfully always tastes good. Tonight's cheddar chicken dip? Gone in 10 minutes and I forgot to take photos. Ah well.

I had what I thought would be a totally original idea last night out of the blue. Cheddar, apple pie ice cream. Guess what, somebody's already done it. I may give it a whirl anyway.

I want to see this! I haven’t heard the cheddar-and-apple-pie combo in a while. For some reason, I thought it was a southern thing, but apparently it traces back to England. Seeing what you do with it in an ice cream is even more intriguing.

full.jpg

Recipe - Cheddar shortbreads

Last edited:
I want to see this! I haven’t heard the cheddar-and-apple-pie combo in a while. For some reason, I thought it was a southern thing, but apparently it traces back to England. Seeing what you do with it in an ice cream is even more intriguing.
I have a cheddar-apple-pie planned, with the cheddar in the crust instead of just melted on top afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom