The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cheddar cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
After eating impatiently the 100 g Cheddar pack minutes after delivery, I was🤔...now what...

if I order today I might get it Sunday, before crazy week starts, to do at least one entry... So I ordered, supposed to arrive Sunday morning👏💪

Have had no mental space, and no laptop to narrow down recipes,ideas, will do tomorrow.

This is so much fun, love cb cooking challenges🎉

Mocking is such a strong word...maybe lightly, lovingly, good-naturedly teasing, like family do. :wink:
I am the youngest of 6, I am thinking you are too? My siblings are way meaner than this lot in CB. I am thinking you had a sister who was mean to you (and maybe still is) growing up? I have one of those as well.

I didn't take offense to the teasing about the juicy Lucy, LOL. No princess stompy foot here.

I am the youngest of 6, I am thinking you are too? My siblings are way meaner than this lot in CB. I am thinking you had a sister who was mean to you (and maybe still is) growing up? I have one of those as well.

I didn't take offense to the teasing about the juicy Lucy, LOL. No princess stompy foot here.
Yup, youngest of six, and a, shall we say, rather unpleasant big sister.

I had a kind of surreal talk with my mom just the other day. She's soon to be 83, but still with it.

Anyway, I mentioned in passing how, once when I was little (5yo), my older brothers tied me to a tricycle and pushed me down a fairly long flight of stairs - typical kid hijinks, and something I thought after all this time (I'm 55 in a couple of months) that she was fully aware of.

Well, she wasn't, and at 55yo, she made me run through a litany of abuses my older siblings put me through, and then she went and chewed them all out! It was hilarious and embarrassing, all at the same time. :laugh:

Yup, youngest of six, and a, shall we say, rather unpleasant big sister.

I had a kind of surreal talk with my mom just the other day. She's soon to be 83, but still with it.

Anyway, I mentioned in passing how, once when I was little (5yo), my older brothers tied me to a tricycle and pushed me down a fairly long flight of stairs - typical kid hijinks, and something I thought after all this time (I'm 55 in a couple of months) that she was fully aware of.

Well, she wasn't, and at 55yo, she made me run through a litany of abuses my older siblings put me through, and then she went and chewed them all out! It was hilarious and embarrassing, all at the same time. :laugh:

Better late than never I guess, but now they'll all be mad at you again.

Strangely, all the crap I did to them never came up. 🤷🏻‍♂️ :whistling:

And to stay on track...I'm making my next cheddar recipe right now.
I am making a dip using jalapeños and cheddar cheese with chicken served with warmed white tortilla chips for tonight's appetizer but I won't be entering it. I might take some photos, though. I make something with cheddar cheese so regularly that I just don't think of it as anything too special. I could think outside of the box and make something unique but I am just not feeling it. Might be something to do with the fact that the weather here went from 42F/6C to 87F/31C in about 10 days. I hate drastic temperature changes like that, it's exhausting.

I am making a jalapeño and cheddar cheese with chicken dip served with warmed white tortilla chips for tonight's appetizer but I won't be entering it. I might take some photos, though. I make something with cheddar cheese so regularly that I just don't think of it as anything too special. I could think outside of the box and make something unique but I am just not feeling it. Might be something to do with the fact that the weather here went from 42F/6C to 87F/31C in about 10 days. I hate drastic temperature changes like that, it's exhausting.
I cook with cheese a lot, but I probably use gruyere more than anything else.

I hear you on the weather change, we're getting down here as well. Can't believe that just a few days ago, I was griping because my basil got done in by an overnight frost, and today, I burned my 🤬 hand on an outside doorknob.

I cook with cheese a lot, but I probably use gruyere more than anything else.

I hear you on the weather change, we're getting down here as well. Can't believe that just a few days ago, I was griping because my basil got done in by an overnight frost, and today, I burned my 🤬 hand on an outside doorknob.
I love Gouda and Gruyere, too. I think Havarti is my favorite, though. I should have been born on a dairy farm.

Recipe - Potted Beer And Cheddar (aka Pub Cheese)

Just in time for the weekend, a nice cheese spread to enjoy in the shade on the back deck.

Very easy to make, and I remembered to take step-by-step photos, because you really need detailed pics to show how to turn a mixer on and off (and back on again; that's the tricky bit):

Get all yer stuff out:

Mix the cream cheese an butter:

Add in the cheese:

Then the other stuff (except the beer):

Add beer to preferred consistency and mix:

All done:

I can't wait to taste this tomorrow, after the flavors have come together. The initial taste I had while making this was very promising.

I only recently discovered an American thing where they stuff cheese in to poor, unsuspecting, hotdogs. Called LA dogs. Not on them, inside them!! You might want to research them, in case it comes up and it's another travesty if you don't know them.

We call em sizzler's here, cheap and quick. I love them.

Russ

Recipe - Potted Beer And Cheddar (aka Pub Cheese)

Just in time for the weekend, a nice cheese spread to enjoy in the shade on the back deck.

Very easy to make, and I remembered to take step-by-step photos, because you really need detailed pics to show how to turn a mixer on and off (and back on again; that's the tricky bit):

Get all yer stuff out:
View attachment 63804

Mix the cream cheese an butter:
View attachment 63805

Add in the cheese:
View attachment 63806

Then the other stuff (except the beer):
View attachment 63807

Add beer to preferred consistency and mix:
View attachment 63808

All done:
View attachment 63809

I can't wait to taste this tomorrow, after the flavors have come together. The initial taste I had while making this was very promising.
I can't wait to hear?

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom