The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cheddar cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheddar, black pepper, green onion biscuits with cheddar "feet."

full.jpg

I am guessing it's okay for you since you are down under, but for me, as a US citizen, it's some sort of travesty that I didn't know that a burger patty stuffed with cheese was called a juicy Lucy, LOL.

American icon, according to our judge. Sniffle snort, LOL.
It's also because it's juicy and drippy.

Yeah, I gathered that's why, but you say, "also"? So what is the first reason?

I still think that restaurant in Minneapolis stole the idea from my mother.
The juicy, gooey cheese and the drippy burger juice, AKA grease,

I am guessing it's okay for you since you are down under, but for me, as a US citizen, it's some sort of travesty that I didn't know that a burger patty stuffed with cheese was called a juicy Lucy, LOL.

America's Test Kitchen (or Cook's Country) have also covered it... :whistling:

Yeah, I gathered that's why, but you say, "also"? So what is the first reason?

I still think that restaurant in Minneapolis stole the idea from my mother.
Don't go digging too deeply, you may find it's t'other way round! :eek: :)

America's Test Kitchen (or Cook's Country) have also covered it... :whistling:

Don't go digging too deeply, you may find it's t'other way round! :eek: :)
She moved to Texas in the 1930s. That was well before the date stated in the articles I have read.

Recipe - Roasted Garlic & Stout Macaroni-And-Cheese

You all may recall that I do not like macaroni-and-cheese. I've had at least 472 versions of it in my life, with the cook always swearing, "Oh, but you haven't tried mine yet..." - and I've yet to find one I like.

Am I about to report that I finally found the recipe? The one to change my mind? Can it be?

It's got two cheeses...funkily-shaped pasta...there's even stout in it! Surely, this is The One.

Nope. The best I can offer is that it truly is the one I've disliked the least, so that's saying something, I suppose. My wife, though, if her eyeball-rolling and gasps were any indication, found this to be the best macaroni-and-cheese she's ever had. That, or she was having that recurring dream of hers where 1970's Sean Connery and 1980's Harrison Ford stop by just as all her clothing magically disappears.

I only recently discovered an American thing where they stuff cheese in to poor, unsuspecting, hotdogs. Called LA dogs. Not on them, inside them!! You might want to research them, in case it comes up and it's another travesty if you don't know them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom