The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cheddar cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever see tht epiode of Twilight Zone with I believe Jack Klugman and Johnathon Winters ? I tthink Wintters was the al time pool champ and Klugman wanted to play him, but he was dead. Winters said something like "Once you are on top there is always someone who wants to knock you down". (my words but the same idea()

Also I think we agree that my post was not worthy of winning annyway.

T
No one wants to knock you down.

If I may inject a little something. The only good thing about being the judge is you get to decide what qualifies, and what doesn't, and you get to pick a winner.

So please, let me enjoy my rare opportunity to wield pure, unbridled power, while you, my subjects, enjoy making dishes that will blow his royal Dogship away. Your Dog has spoken. :smug: Carry on.

CD :D

N.B. I didn't write the recipe challenge rules or the site User Guidelines and Rules. As a moderator my role is simply to make sure people adhere to them.

I've been thinking about making a cheddar sausage, but a fresh one, not cured, though it does use cure #1.

Wonder if anybody is going to make a Juicy Lucy?
I've made them before...maybe I'll add them to my list. We'll see. I've had the experience of eating at both places that claim to inventing the Jucy Lucy.

Note the spelling - I got a laugh at Matt's Bar in Minneapolis when, unfamiliar with that spelling, I commented that "it's spelled wrong."

When the guy at the bar corrected me, I quickly recovered and deadpanned, "Oh. I thought it was spelled L-U-I-C-Y." :laugh:

I won no friends that day. :headshake:

I've been thinking about making a cheddar sausage, but a fresh one, not cured, though it does use cure #1.

Wonder if anybody is going to make a Juicy Lucy?
I've never heard of a juicy Lucy. Apparently I'm a minority?

I've never heard of a juicy Lucy. Apparently I'm a minority?
Jucy Lucy - Wikipedia

I'll tell you this - unless you cut a little vent in the burger when they bring it out, no matter how long you let it sit to cool, it won't cool. You can take a bite 30 minutes later, and that cheese will still be hot enough to burn the skin off the roof of your mouth.

I'll tell you this - unless you cut a little vent in the burger when they bring it out, no matter how long you let it sit to cool, it won't cool. You can take a bite 30 minutes later, and that cheese will still be hot enough to burn the skin off the roof of your mouth.
And your lips and chin as the juices drip out and down.

Jucy Lucy - Wikipedia

When I was a kid in the 1970s, my mom used to put cheese inside of burgers. We called it a burger with cheese inside of it.

That's why she's not credited with inventing it - it's all about the marketing!

Just think if she'd called it a Cheezy-Louiseezy... :wink:
She called it a Beverly Burger, LOL.

Oh yeah. And she was from Minnesota originally, but moved to Texas in the 1930s, so...maybe they stole the idea from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom