The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cheddar cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK

Macaroni
More cheddar than you need, melted and thinned. (use water not milk)
Cut up ham, ground beef or sausage, well fried.
Small amount of tomato pieces

T

(if I win I do not want to judge)

OK

Macaroni
More cheddar than you need, melted and thinned. (use water not milk)
Cut up ham, ground beef or sausage, well fried.
Small amount of tomato pieces

T

(if I win I do not want to judge)
There is a certain format that Morning Glory (forum moderator) wants us to follow when entering challenges. I'm guessing since you don't want to win, this wasn't an entry?

Recipe - Twice-Baked Potatoes

Ok, no surprises here - twice-baked potatoes, pretty simple, so I'm not even going to get into it much with these, except to say, if you haven't had one in a while, make them. They're so common, you kind of forget how good they are.

I did leave the potato mixture a little lumpy, just out of personal preference, and maybe a little laziness. :wink:

There is a certain format that Morning Glory (forum moderator) wants us to follow when entering challenges. I'm guessing since you don't want to win, this wasn't an entry?

N.B. I didn't write the recipe challenge rules or the site User Guidelines and Rules. As a moderator my role is simply to make sure people adhere to them.

Ever see tht epiode of Twilight Zone with I believe Jack Klugman and Johnathon Winters ? I tthink Wintters was the al time pool champ and Klugman wanted to play him, but he was dead. Winters said something like "Once you are on top there is always someone who wants to knock you down". (my words but the same idea()

Also I think we agree that my post was not worthy of winning annyway.

T

My ordered cheeses arrived yesterday afternoon (from the local farmer's group that started sending things around what with the beginning of COVID 2020).

8 ounces of "aged 3 years" Cheddar cheese. (I know I ordered the 2-year, but I won't complain.)
Aged over 6 months Farmstead raw milk cheddar, sharp. Another 8 ounces.

I won't be home tomorrow, but I may make my first recipe this afternoon. If not, Saturday....

Hmm, am wondering if I can substitute some back fat in a basic salami with some diced cheddar and do a 3 week cure to taste test this in time. Any else tried this? I've done before with the likes of manchego but that is firmer and saltier....and it would still have to compliment the pork...
I'm off to experiment with some additional herbs I think.

I've been thinking about making a cheddar sausage, but a fresh one, not cured, though it does use cure #1.

Wonder if anybody is going to make a Juicy Lucy?

I've been thinking about making a cheddar sausage, but a fresh one, not cured, though it does use cure #1.

Wonder if anybody is going to make a Juicy Lucy?

That's a potential. But not something on my plans more immediately. I probably won't make a real one, but I could possibly make my mother's burger recipe with incorporated cheese - her name, incidentally, was Lucy...

I'll never forget my first Juicy Lucy. It was at Craig's brothers home and the whole family was there, his other brother, all their kids and 1 grandkid, their mom, plus the 3 of us. He didn't have enough chairs for all of us, so some of us sat on the floor around the coffee table while we ate our Jucies, which we had gotten from 1 of the Juicy Lucy franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom