The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cheddar cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheddar is here! Delivery on time! 👍🤓

We keep frozen corn, peas and mixed diced frozen veges. I don't like frozen spinach simply because there are too many stems in them. I haven't bought frozen spinach in many, many years, maybe that has changed?

I don't mind frozen meat for the most part, especially chicken and the ground meats that we process ourselves. Now, if we are talking about something like dry aged beef or Wagyu or a heritage pork breed, then I want never frozen. We can get fresh shrimp and lobster at a decent price from the restaurant supply place, but I don't want to be going in there very often because it's a huge place and the lines can be very long, think Costco and Sam's. So, we'll often get a lot and freeze ourselves.

View attachment 63778

Bacon Brussels Sprouts Cheddar Soup. I took a detour from my healthy eating to make this, but it was well worth it.

I am planning a cheddar soup as well, but differently....

Mom's Cheddar Lucy Burgers.

Adapted from Mom's cheddar burgers of my mis-spent youth. Her name was Lucy...

lucy-cheese-pockets.jpg

Oh, and these are the cheeses I've recently come into. Local farms, either Massachusetts or lower Vermont. The SideHill Farm one was used in the above burgers.

cheddar-local.jpg

A4D1E3E4-5873-4237-9D52-B937CCA7B76A.jpeg

Jalapeño Cheddar Grits. I was doing well on my diet until this ingredient challenge started. I know: I can make a decision to ignore the challenge, and it’s certainly not your fault that I have no willpower, caseydog. I am honestly happy you picked Cheddar. Even though I will probably gain weight during this challenge, it’s worth it.

And, this one is so dang good. I can’t find a way to photograph a portion of it that looks good, but it doesn’t matter. Looks aren’t everything.

Last edited:
Recipe - Sausage-And-Cheddar Cornbread

Similar to medtran49's, though I'm sure hers is better as mine uses a box mix for the cornbread. I have a couple on hand and a half-pound of sausage I needed to use up, so I went ahead with it.

It's corny, it's cheesy, it's meaty. It's also a breeze to toss together in no time, good as an accompaniment to a bowl of soup or as a light midday snack, to get you over the hump.

View attachment 64097

Shrimp and grits. I can’t submit this as a recipe, because all I did was put some shrimp I cooked separately on the grits I posted above. But, I can certainly eat it and enjoy it.

I believe people have entered both a base recipe, and something made with that base recipe in the past. Not 100-percent sure. Perhaps someone else knows.

CD

I believe people have entered both a base recipe, and something made with that base recipe in the past. Not 100-percent sure. Perhaps someone else knows.

CD
I have made and entered recipes in the past that all built into the culmination of a final recipe. Remember the almond challenge? I started out making almond milk, almond butter, almond meal, almond pie crust from the almond meal, pudding made from the almond milk, and a pie using the almond butter, pie crust, and pudding...it was a lot of work and I didn't win, but it was fun and challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom