The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that cheese is a common ingredient. I also know that you are all capable of taking the most common ingredient and creating magic.
Show me what you can do with a plebeian ingredient.

fobxkmnrj2hxlazgwsyg_img_0672-jpg.jpg

Popovers. I was surprised that I hadn't post this already, until I realized that I made it a month before I joined the forum. These are ridiculously good.

Even I could make that. 😟 If only I had some Gruyere.
I'm sure they would be great with other cheeses, too. I don't have any in the house currently, but I do have cheddar and Swiss, which both have strong flavors. I also have provolone, but I think that's too subtle for this application.

I'm sure they would be great with other cheeses, too. I don't have any in the house currently, but I do have cheddar and Swiss, which both have strong flavors. I also have provolone, but I think that's too subtle for this application.
I do have cheddar but I REALLY like Gruyere
I have to actually go to the store to find yeast. While there I can score Gruyere

I have to actually go to the store to find yeast. While there I can score Gruyere

You really shouldn't be making special trips to get a few food items in the current situation (I mean at our age :ohmy: ). I've stopped going to shops altogether. I rely on on-line which is hit and miss or daughter & son who live locally and leave things I want on the doorstep and then stand 2 metres back. I'm lucky to have them close by. But to be honest, I only ask them occasionally for stuff like fresh milk.

Cheese seems to be easily available though, so its a good choice for the challenge. I'm busy scheming, jotting notes and drawing pictures of potential cheesy creations...

You really shouldn't be making special trips to get a few food items in the current situation (I mean at our age :ohmy: ). I've stopped going to shops altogether. I rely on on-line which is hit and miss or daughter & son who live locally and leave things I want on the doorstep and then stand 2 metres back. I'm lucky to have them close by. But to be honest, I only ask them occasionally for stuff like fresh milk.

Cheese seems to be easily available though, so its a good choice for the challenge. I'm busy scheming, jotting notes and drawing pictures of potential cheesy creations...
I know that you will create something amazing
Can't wait to see what you come up with

Got it. I was just looking for an excuse to get out. Delivery instead. No yeast and no Gruyere. Got Manchego. Ordered 2 packages of frozen rise and bake bread dough
Got 2 packs of frozen puff pastry
I did find a pizza shop that sold raw pizza dough. Curb side pickup

Got Manchego. Ordered 2 packages of frozen rise and bake bread dough
Got 2 packs of frozen puff pastry
I did find a pizza shop that sold raw pizza dough. Curb side pickup

All sounds good!

I now have three ideas for the challenge. One I made earlier but have yet to write up and edit photos. Tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom