The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made "Garlicky Shrimp Pecorino with Cabbage" for brunch just now. Certainly won't need three meals today. I have to finish writing this up and dealing with the photo, but I will post later today. It was very nice and satisfying, considering some ingredient limitations atm.

At any rate, two days ago I had this - not really worth writing up as a recipe, however:

toasted cheese.jpg

Gouda and onions toasted on bakery bread loaf slices in the toaster oven with a sprinkle of oregano over, when I pulled them out. That was all I actually had for dinner that night.

3 Cheese Chili Cheese Fries ( All Vegan )

Normally you would say this dish is a Heartattack waiting to happen. However, it has 65% less fat, 40% less sodium and a ton of healthy nutrients & vitamins while never sacrificing a bit of taste. Check out the recipe to see how we did it!!!

Your plate looks great and the recipe is appealing. Good thing you included brands. If someone said vegan cheddar or vegan mozzarella I would be clueless. I do have to ask what is vegan crumbled beef made of?

Your plate looks great and the recipe is appealing. Good thing you included brands. If someone said vegan cheddar or vegan mozzarella I would be clueless. I do have to ask what is vegan crumbled beef made of?
According to the label:
Ingredients: Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Organic Caramel Color, Canola Oil, Organic Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Salt, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Sugar, Spices.

According to the label:
Ingredients: Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Organic Caramel Color, Canola Oil, Organic Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Salt, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Sugar, Spices.
tumblr_nw41yeVDoo1relg8bo1_400.gif

I will bet you have been waiting for just the right moment to use that GIF. Awesome Job! :headphone:

You should have been there the day I cleaned out my freezer of all the meat. I didn't get an exact total but it was somewhere around $70 of meat. BYE-BYE. My friends loved it though.

I will bet you have been waiting for just the right moment to use that GIF. Awesome Job! :headphone:

You should have been there the day I cleaned out my freezer of all the meat. I didn't get an exact total but it was somewhere around $70 of meat. BYE-BYE. My friends loved it though.
So what prompted you to suddenly
go vegan? Very curious.

Here's my first entry, a cheddar-apple grilled cheese sandwich:

Recipe - Cheddar-Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich

This is easy, and this is good. If you like sweet and savory together, this is for you. Tart-sweet apples, a good smear of apple butter, the gentle bite from shallots, and that little pungent whisper from the rosemary all work oh-so well with the creamy cheddar.

This is a fantastic little recipe that's only about 10% more work that a regular grilled cheese, but the flavor payoff is much more than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom