The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheese & Jalapeño Omelette with Tomato Salsa

Last edited:
BA245909-16F6-4ED0-A25C-5BD5D1E72B1B.jpeg

Not posting this, since I’ve posted so many pesto recipes. I made a pesto from things left over from the previous recipe (Brussels sprouts, cilantro, parsley, garlic), plus almonds from a bag I found in the back of my pantry, and an old block of Romano. Hard cheeses seem to last forever, and this was still good.

Over the top grilled cheese

Butter the outside of 2 sturdy slices of sour dough bread, spread the inside with mustard on one side, onion or chilli jam or whatever else you like with cheese on the other. Pile a mountain of cheese inside, sliced and grated. Place into a hot heavy pan. After the first flip on the stove top, put the pan in the oven for 5 minutes then flip again, adding more cheese to the top of the sandwich. 5 minutes in the oven then flip the sandwich. 5 more minutes and then flip and serve. This achieves a crunchy fried cheese exterior to your sandwich.

Frizz1974
Both of your dishes make me :hungry:
Please post both recipes in the appropriate forum using Cookingbites Recipe Challenge as a tag, then post here with a link so you can participate in the challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom