The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Coconut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having just dodged the Corona Beer Virus in town yesterday, by purchasing unsweetened coconut flakes and canned Thai coconut milk (NO this was not why I was in town...) I'm looking through the larder to see what I'll be making. I suspect I'll have a lot of fun with this, and that the outcome will be savory. I'm leaning towards a lamb dish.

Was doing a video on making a dish with what's just in the pantry, when spotted the coconut flakes in the fridge and thought may as well make another challenge entry: Vietnamese Pizza With Crispy Fried Whitebait and Coconut.

Recipe & Video - Vietnamese Street Food Type Pizza with Crispy Fried Whitebait and Coconut

Not using pigeon peas? We've made that to go with a Jamaican lobster dish that uses habaneros.

Kidney beans are widely used in Jamaican rice and peas -- even by Jamaicans. Even if I could buy pigeon peas locally, it would be totally unnecessary.

CD

Finally got around to writing up the recipe I made last Friday.

South Indian Curry with Eggs, Veggies and Coconut

egg-curry-served.jpg

Serve over rice (not shown because I brought this part over to a nearby friend's, and she supplied the rice). Garnish with optional cilantro. Which neither of us had.

Please note that the countdown clock displays members' local time zones. The challenge ends in 1hr 20 mins as I write.

TastyReuben (as I'm sure you know) all entries can be seen by clicking on the tag: cookingbites recipe challenge. There are currently 16 entries.

Entrants, please make sure your entries have this tag or they will not be displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom