The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Corn

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, the corn grits I ordered just prior to the beginning of July... arrived Friday, July 17th. I'll make something with them - after all, they are here - and I will try to do my grandmother due respect for her cheesy grits casserole. Not (obviously) for this finished challenge, but because frankly, that's the one dish of hers I remember the most. She overcooked veggies and meats, and even then I wasn't really a fan of sweets - though she did well in that department. I would love to try to re-create her casserole however!

BTW, the corn grits I ordered just prior to the beginning of July... arrived Friday, July 17th. I'll make something with them - after all, they are here - and I will try to do my grandmother due respect for her cheesy grits casserole. Not (obviously) for this finished challenge, but because frankly, that's the one dish of hers I remember the most. She overcooked veggies and meats, and even then I wasn't really a fan of sweets - though she did well in that department. I would love to try to re-create her casserole however!
You should post it when you recreate it.

I make a roasted corn, cheese grit soufflé. It is made with yellow corn grits - slow cook, cheese, eggs, roasted corn, cream chicken stock WIth or without Jalapenos. It is baked and puff up like a soufflé. Rich and delicious. My DIL hates grits but will eat this.

I make a roasted corn, cheese grit soufflé. It is made with yellow corn grits - slow cook, cheese, eggs, roasted corn, cream chicken stock WIth or without Jalapenos. It is baked and puff up like a soufflé. Rich and delicious. My DIL hates grits but will eat this.

Sounds lovely.

And there are some grits recipes I saw that are made with eggs as well as otherwise kind of following the recipe I posted above. I'm tempted to try something like that - or your recipe - next time. I do have a lot of the grits left here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom