The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Corn

Status
Not open for further replies.
... some might recollect that I'm also judging a corn challenge on another food forum. Let us just say that the number of entries here far exceeds the entries there. However - quality before quantity. A reminder that the countdown clock is set to your local time, The deadline is midday UK time which is in 11 hours and 45 mins time as I write.

... some might recollect that I'm also judging a corn challenge on another food forum. Let us just say that the number of entries here far exceeds the entries there. However - quality before quantity. A reminder that the countdown clock is set to your local time, The deadline is midday UK time which is in 11 hours and 45 mins time as I write.
Ummmm, did I just read that right? So, the other food forum has recipes that are of better quality? :rolleyes:

Edited to add that I know that is not what you meant, just teasing you.

Last edited:
Corn Maque Choux and Roasted Chicken Enchiladas

Recipe - Chicken and Corn Maque Choux Enchiladas

Phew! I think there were 33 recipes in all. A veritable cornucopia of corn! I've tried to make comments in all the recipe threads. I think I said before that in the UK we don't have a tradition of using corn very much. Its usually served plain as a side or grilled on the cob. So, it was fascinating to see and learn all these new ways to use it. I even learned about 'milking' corn!

There were plenty of excellent 'comfort food' recipes here. Some notable ones were Pork And Hominy Stew and Skillet Tamale Pie from TastyReuben, Souprême Chicken and Mushroom from Yorky, Beef Stew from The Late Night Gourmet, Keen's Curried Cream Corn from murphyscreek and Taco Soup with Corn from TodayInTheKitchen.

After much deliberation I've compiled a long list of top runners:
Now I go away to try to decide on the winner...

The top 3

1st place: Golden Masa Seafood Crepes with PEI Mussels and Lemon Butter Corn Crema from JASOH1
2nd place: Cuban Chicken and Corn Pie from medtran49
3rd place: Triple-Berry Upside-Down Cornbread from TastyReuben

Well done JASOH1. Its now over to you to choose the next ingredient and become the new judge. To help, there is a list of all previously chosen ingredients in date order and in alphabetical order. It doesn't matter if you choose an ingredient we have previously had as long as its not too recent. Its best to choose an ingredient which is fairly accessible in our different countries.

Post your chosen ingredient in this thread and I will set up a new challenge thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom