The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cranberries

We don't usually eat cranberry dishes as neither one of us really cares for them. Craig insists every year that we buy a can of the jellied stuff as he's going to use it for sandwiches. We nearly always throw out the unopened can that's been in the refrigerator from the year before when we buy the new one. :whistling:

Not crazy about the canned stuff myself. I'll eat a bit when visiting folk, but I don't buy it.

I swear I didn’t see your recipe before I posted mine! But, it seems like we had a similar idea. :chef:

Looking forward to reading your recipe!

I have a different cranberry recipe I found that I'll be posting later. I'm also eyeing the cranberries in the fridge and trying to think of a good adult beverage for some of them. Can't imagine them meshing well with wine, so this will involve a visit to the semi-local liquor store....

Not crazy about the canned stuff myself. I'll eat a bit when visiting folk, but I don't buy it.

Looking forward to reading your recipe!

I have a different cranberry recipe I found that I'll be posting later. I'm also eyeing the cranberries in the fridge and trying to think of a good adult beverage for some of them. Can't imagine them meshing well with wine, so this will involve a visit to the semi-local liquor store....
I already have a warm cranberry cocktail planned for Thanksgiving, and there'll probably be some kind of champagne punch around Christmas-New Year's that'll have cranberries in it.

I already have a warm cranberry cocktail planned for Thanksgiving, and there'll probably be some kind of champagne punch around Christmas-New Year's that'll have cranberries in it.

Sounds great! Hmm, if cranberries can go with the bubbly, they might go with wine. Still, I'll go check out some harder spirits.

You should get the stuff to make cranberry caviar/pearls to go in the champagne!

Okay, a casserole with cranberry.

Casserole: Brussels Sprouts, Cranberry, Bacon, Onion, Smoked Gouda

Yes, to make this vegetarian, omit the bacon.

cranberry brussels-sprout-tday2-2016.jpg

My forays into molecular spherification weren't brilliant. I ended up with some very different sized 'caviar' pearls. May have a photo somewhere...
In all honesty, they looked a bit fussy, but very impressive.

I picked up some cranberry and cherry juice to make caviar/pearls when we went to the grocery today. Going to try the true spherification where they are liquid inside. I'll probably do something with pork and that will be my sauce/garnish.

View attachment 34835

So made a chicken roulade wrapped in prosciutto with a cranberry, walnut, onion, garlic, stilton and pork rind filling. And served with asparagus, and a creamy garlic wine sauce. It was very delicious, if I do say so myself.

Recipe here Recipe & Video - Chicken Roulade

I can see we are thinking along the same lines... I was planning a turkey roulade. Yours sounds much better than the one I had planned!

Back
Top Bottom