The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Cumin

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:54 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. Our judge @Yorky who won the previous challenge has chosen Cumin as the next ingredient.

Cumin seed s.jpg

To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe featuring cumin as a new thread, tag it "CookingBites Recipe Challenge" and post a link to it in this thread.

Deadline: 12.00 midday on Wednesday 4th September BST (GMT+1)

Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Not an entry but this used to be a favourite and I don't know why I haven't cooked this dish recently. The recipe includes both whole seeds and ground cumin.

Potatoes and cumin.

potatoes-cumin.jpg

[Based upon a Madhur Jaffrey recipe]

Last edited:
I have a recipe for Ribs. Starts off boiling them for 1 1/4 hours in a mixture that calls for 1 1/2 cups CUMIN. And then in the oven. The recipe is one from a very famous restaurant here in the States, The Rattlesnake Club. But, there is a lot of typing. If interested, let me know and I will very happily type it up.

I think it would be nice if when posting an ingredient, to also list the health benefits. I think at our age, we need to know this stuff. lol (actually at any age.)

I think it would be nice if when posting an ingredient, to also list the health benefits. I think at our age, we need to know this stuff. lol (actually at any age.)

Yes - unfortunately there is a lot of mis-information or unproven 'health benefits' posted on the internet which are based on folklore, traditions or fads. Its sometimes difficult to sort out proven facts. For that reason, unless I can be certain of proof and analysis. I tend to avoid stating anything. The internet is rife with claims about health benefits of all manner of foods.It can be quite dangerous in some circumstances.

Yes - unfortunately there is a lot of mis-information or unproven 'health benefits' posted on the internet which are based on folklore, traditions or fads. Its sometimes difficult to sort out proven facts. For that reason, unless I can be certain of proof and analysis. I tend to avoid stating anything. The internet is rife with claims about health benefits of all manner of foods.It can be quite dangerous in some circumstances.

So true, but when you see the same info. over and over in different places/mag. I would guess some of it has to be true. But I guess leaving it off the post is for the best. We can always look that info. up ourselves. (I hope a lot of it is true. lol) Anyway, we like cumin and hope it is good for us. lol

That means there'll never be a hot dog challenge! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom