The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: dark chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipe - Cocoa-Cherry Pork

Well, it's a Chef John recipe, so that usually guarantees success. I didn't get as many pics of the process that I wanted, but work was getting in my way.

Anyway, here's what the an unsliced tenderloin looks like, after resting:

Sliced, with just a hint of pink:

Served up, with a little salad and a biscuit:

Cherries and pork, a perfect match...cherries and cocoa, a perfect match...so why not cherries, cocoa, and pork?

This worked out really well, and very easy, so that's always a plus. The cocoa is very noticeable as the pork is roasting. MrsT's comment was, "I smell cake! Are we having cake?!"

No, pork!

Once it roasts and rests, the cocoa aroma is still there, but the taste is much more subtle. Combined with the cherry sauce...it's simply wonderful.

Not an entry, just something I loved as a kid. I think it was about 6 years ago that I made these with Lindt chocolate.

My mum used to make these with rice bubbles???? Kremelta???? And chocolate, a fave for birthdays. Havnt seen in more than 40 years?
I'm guessing the ingredients but I think I'm pretty right??

Russ

OK. I slept on it and come up with a couple ideas, one of which was an idea I had way back when pistachios was the ingredient.

Don't be surprised to see a really radical chocolate meal from me, oh say, after this Thursday, when I get a delivery.

I'm going to write up three recipes today and create them soon. I will think on the possibilities of others. TastyReuben made an entry that spurred some thought.

My first (hopefully not last, but no guarantees) entry of this challenge.

Recipe - Swedish bitter chocolate & peppermint cake (kladdkaka)

It's not a traditional Swedish kladdkaka, as that is made with only flour & cocoa powder. But I thought the mint would add a nice freshness as it's summer, and I needed to use the dark chocolate I had in my pantry. So I made an After Eight version.

My first (hopefully not last, but no guarantees) entry of this challenge.

Recipe - Swedish bitter chocolate & peppermint cake (kladdkaka)
View attachment 64981

View attachment 64982

View attachment 64983

It's not a traditional Swedish kladdkaka, as that is made with only flour & cocoa powder. But I thought the mint would add a nice freshness as it's summer, and I needed to use the dark chocolate I had in my pantry. So I made an After Eight version.
That's the same chocolate I'm using later this week in my pasta sauce recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom