The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: dark chocolate

Termyn8or

Local time
8:39 PM
If I had the actual recipe this could be a winner, but I don't. It came off a Rice Crispies box. I got Grandma to make it.

The lower layer is cereal and something to hold it together. It is not sticky. Then on top of that is dark chocolate, but only lightly sweetened, the cereal has enough of that. Then there is another layer on top, same as the bottom.

If I remember right prep time was around an hour or so total. Shelf life was about seven minutes.

T

Local time
9:39 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
382CBCB0-93E0-4F1B-B3C5-9DF78393C47E.jpeg

Chimichurri Negro. To be honest, I thought of doing this when I saw the bunch of mint I had bought recently, and then saw Windigo's kladdkaka recipe. If we can have a chocolate mint cake, why not a chocolate mint sauce?

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Local time
9:39 PM
Recipe - Dark Chocolate Marinara Sauce

This is the opposite end of the spectrum compared to The Late Night Gourmet's chocolate mole - just a few ingredients and barely any effort at all.

That said, this is pretty good stuff. What I really like about this is that the chocolate, instead of just being added strictly for the purpose of adding it, really contributes. It gives the sauce a beautifully deep color - you know the old saying about eating with your eyes...one look at this sauce, and you want to try it.

With the texture, there is a hint of smoothness in there that reminds me of when my mom would something add a lump of butter to her sauce - it feels quite luxurious.

Flavorwise...just a little undertone of bitterness, but not in a bad way, just in a way that says, "This sauce is for a sophisticated palate."

So, yes, very pleased with this, it'll get made again, and it'll be fun the next time we have people over, to not-so-secretly drop some chocolate in the spaghetti sauce, just to get their attention. :wink:

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
6:39 PM
Well, I've come up with a couple more ideas for dark chocolate recipes. But I can't start on any of the ones I have on my list, until I get back from grocery shopping this weekend. I need more half n half, oranges, bananas, refried beans and yes, instead of cocoa powder, actual chocolate bars.

No, I'm not making chocolate oranges and banana mixed with refried beans. Those thing go into three different recipes, but are right now, missing from what I need.

Top Bottom