The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: dark chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
1:49 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current challenge ingredient is dark chocolate and medtran49 is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe* using dark chocolate, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

For the purpose of this challenge, dark chocolate is defined as 56% or greater cocoa, semisweet, bittersweet, cocoa nibs, dark cocoa powder, etc.

Deadline: 12.00 midday Monday 28th June, UK time (GMT +1). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

*recipes must be posted within the time frame of the current challenge.

You have me on this one. I know I won't be putting up 9 or 10 recipes for dark chocolate, - maybe one or two. And I do love chocolate. I am just not a cake and pastry baker. Anyway, time will tell.

You have me on this one. I know I won't be putting up 9 or 10 recipes for dark chocolate, - maybe one or two. And I do love chocolate. I am just not a cake and pastry baker. Anyway, time will tell.

There is a whole world of savory dark chocolate recipes. That's why I picked it specifically over milk or white chocolate. You had duck on your list didn't you? I've seen duck with sauces with dark chocolate as an ingredient. I've seen rubs with dark chocolate as an ingredient.

Thanks for the pep. I'll look into it. I just took time off from the recipe challenges and am a bit used to making stuff as I see fit without adhering to a specific ingredient. I need at least to get back into the swing of it.

BTW: I don't have the duck yet. I could've got the prime rib, but it had a $63 price tag on it and I wasn't ready for that when shopping this morning.

I made some ice cream desserts served in dark chocolate dessert cups before. You definitely could make candies or something instead of baking or pastries.

Not an entry, just something I loved as a kid. I think it was about 6 years ago that I made these with Lindt chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom