The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: dark chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipe - Date and dark chocolate

My first entry:angelic:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, I have three recipe ideas left, all three being dessert or aperitif types. I've got to get committed to doing two of them.

I will give the third idea away, here, as it is simple. Maybe somebody can give it a try. The idea is to bake a number of sugar wafers, thick enough that they will not break when picked up by the fingers, coat them in sweetened melted dark chocolate and top each one with a sweetened melted chocolate covered fruit or berry item (I had strawberries in mind). These would make nice party favors.

The other two ideas, I will try to do in the coming days. :okay:

Ouch! I just by a hair, nearly burned my index finger tip, even while using a cloth holder to pull out the oven rack on my latest baking creation.
:ohmy:

The chocolate strawberry pecan nut rolls did not turn out as I planned. My shaky hands and inexperience created something that while tasting good, looks disastrous.

So let me do myself the honors here. :roflmao:

It has been said, we learn by our mistakes. And I debated whether to even post this entry, but thought that it might be best to allow others to know that its ok to try and flop. Next time will be better.

Chocolate Pepperoni Pizza???

The inspiration for this recipe was... a pepperoni pizza. The base is real pizza dough. The "sauce" is dark chocolate (60% cocoa). The "mozzarella" is white chocolate chips. The "pepperoni" is slices of strawberries.

The white chocolate chips completely melted, but maintained their shape. Weird, but still worked.

CocoPizza001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Here's my entry. Given I do charcuterie and don't usually do puddings I just had to make Chocolate Salami with Cranberries and Amaretto, and used a mix of amaretti and cantuccini biscuits.

Salame di Cioccolato with Cranberries and Amaretto

IMG_5654.jpg

For transparency I did trial a rum and raison version , marshmallow and popping candy version , and a dried chilli peppar version but this one was the best!

Here's my entry. Given I do charcuterie and don't usually do puddings I just had to make Chocolate Salami with Cranberries and Amaretto, and used a mix of amaretti and cantuccini biscuits.

Salame di Cioccolato with Cranberries and Amaretto

View attachment 66144

For transparency I did trial a rum and raison version , marshmallow and popping candy version , and a dried chilli peppar version but this one was the best!

Wow!!! This is going to be hard to beat. That really looks like a salami. The powdered sugar is a brilliant touch.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom