The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: eggs

Recipe - White Wine Crêpes for Savory Filling
View attachment 70535
I made some savoury crêpes with white wine in the batter, they came out delicate and delicious! I used them as a base for poached egg seafood crêpes with a white wine tarragon cream sauce (I used lobster and seared scallop chunks for the seafood).
Recipe - Poached Eggs and Seafood Crêpes with White Wine Tarragon Cream Sauce
View attachment 70537
View attachment 70539
View attachment 70534
View attachment 70536
What a lovely idea

A big thanks to everyone who entered this challenge especially to members who entered for the first time. The standard is very high and I'm sure I didn't do justice to all the recipes in my comments. Its been very difficult to decide one winner as all the shortlisted entries are so delicious looking. In the end I'm choosing:

Salted Egg Yolk Prawns from vernplum. Those crispy prawns look fantastic! Congratulations vernplum!

Its now over to you vernplum to choose a new ingredient and become judge for the next challenge. To see previously chosen ingredients in alphabetical order, see here, and in date order, see here. It doesn't matter if you choose an ingredient which has been chosen before as long as it wasn't too recently chosen.

The main thing is to choose an ingredient which is fairly accessible in our various countries. Post the ingredient in this thread and then a moderator will set up the new challenge thread.

I will start to think about the ingredient for the next challenge today!

:dance:

If you have trouble deciding, feel free to post some ideas in this thread for feedback. You can also send private messages to the moderators to talk over your ideas. You don't have to figure it out all by yourself. :okay:

The toughest part is choosing an ingredient that everyone can get in all the countries we all live in.

CD

Back
Top Bottom