The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: eggs

Morning Glory

We're coming to the wire and I was going to make my egg sushi recipe today, but time and other factors are ruling against it.

Will I be able to get that recipe posted tomorrow with me being West Coast USA?

I will be posting my second and final entry soon, going to the store shortly to get ingredients. Hoping I can get it written up in time.

Morning Glory

We're coming to the wire and I was going to make my egg sushi recipe today, but time and other factors are ruling against it.

Will I be able to get that recipe posted tomorrow with me being West Coast USA?
"Deadline: 12.00 midday Friday 3rd September, UK time (GMT +1). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here."

You've got time to get it written up tomorrow (Thursday). The deadline is about 4 a.m. your time on Friday.

Edited to add for clarification that to me, "written up" means the recipe has been prepared, photographed, typed out on the website, and posted.

Last edited:
"Deadline: 12.00 midday Friday 3rd September, UK time (GMT +1). Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here."

You've got time to get it written up tomorrow (Thursday). The deadline is about 4 a.m. your time on Friday.

I have it written up, just not prepared or photographed.

Egg Sushi (Tomago Nigiri, Egg Uramaki Rolls and Egg Temaki Rolls)

full.jpg

Egg Sushi in Three Ways

full.jpg

Tomago Nigiri Sushi

full.jpg

Egg Uramaki Sushi Rolls

full.jpg

Egg Temaki Sushi Rolls

Last edited:
I have it written up, just not prepared or photographed.
I guess I should have stated "submitted", not written up. But how do you write up a recipe you created yourself but haven't prepared yet? I have mine all in my head and I will figure out measurements of ingredients later as I am preparing it.

I guess I should have stated "submitted", not written up. But how do you write up a recipe you created yourself but haven't prepared yet? I have mine all in my head and I will figure out measurements of ingredients later as I am preparing it.

I understand what you are saying and I figure that I will have extra egg and rice left over, but not much else. So, the recipe is fairly much targeted without having yet made it. There are examples of sushi recipes on the web to go by too, just not what I am doing.

JAS_OH1

I just finished cooking the rice, the egg and frying the bacon. They will be ready to go tomorrow and allow me to quickly finish preparing and photographing this sushi recipe.

I understand what you are saying and I figure that I will have extra egg and rice left over, but not much else. So, the recipe is fairly much targeted without having yet made it. There are examples of sushi recipes on the web to go by too, just not what I am doing.
Got it.

Attempting one more dish before we are done here.

Tamagoyaki, a Japanese omelet. I even have the appropriate pan for it - but I've not gotten around to getting up the nerve to test this out. If this works out, it will be posted by 7 am tomorrow morning here (which is the recipe deadline time on the other side of that great salty puddle which separates me from CookingBites time).

This will kick me into actually doing this!

EDIT - I notice Flyinglentris has a tomago (Japanese egg) in a recent recipe - this one is made by an entirely different technique.

Last edited:
Attempting one more dish before we are done here.

Tamagoyaki, a Japanese omelet. I even have the appropriate pan for it - but I've not gotten around to getting up the nerve to test this out. If this works out, it will be posted by 7 am tomorrow morning here (which is the recipe deadline time on the other side of that great salty puddle which separates me from CookingBites time).

This will kick me into actually doing this!

EDIT - I notice Flyinglentris has a tomago (Japanese egg) in a recent recipe - this one is made by an entirely different technique.

I look forward to seeing your recipe.

True, I baked my tomagoyaki which I also whisked up, and you propose to pan fry it. I hope you find the mirin and the rice vinegar to make it true to the letter. I used a good drinking sake and skipped the vinegar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom