The CookingBites recipe challenge: fish

Easy Fish Kofta

Recipe & Video - Easy Fish Kofta

I went to the Asian market today, and I'm working on a popular Hawaiian dish with a bit of a Cajun influence. Of course, Hawaiian cuisine is heavily influenced by Asian cuisine. But now, Asian/Cajun fusion is a big trend from Houston to New Orleans, mostly Vietnamese/Cajun. There is a very large Vietnamese community in that region, because large numbers of Vietnamese settled there after the war. Now a couple generations of Vietnamese have made this area their new "home," they are incorporating Cajun styles into their cooking, and Vietnamese styles into Cajun.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7FpQsH01XE

CD

Recipe - Spicy Hawaiian Poke

(Poh-Kay -- like "okay" with a P)

I saw some really nice sushi grade tuna in the Asian store, and bought some. First dish? Hawaiian Poke -- with a little Cajun heat. The heat comes from fresh chopped cayenne peppers from my garden. That is tempered by a little local honey. The rest of the ingredients are pretty typical Poke... well, if there is such a thing. Poke recipes in Hawaii are all over the road.

Poke001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
4ACBADF7-A901-4D17-80E5-7F8AB79D4772.jpeg

Conserve di Frutta di Mare. Frutti di Mare is an Italian dish that translates literally to fruit of the sea. It always involves mollusks (clams, mussels) and octopus, but rarely (if ever) fish. This recipe literally translates to canned fruit of the sea. Since I invented it, I can decide what it includes, so I have decided to include canned fish. This is your opportunity to use up the canned seafood in your cupboard with a meal you can throw together any time.

Been watching from the sideline, the past few months have been pretty intense on the pain scale for me so cooking is pretty basic here and I'm not energetic enough to experiment. Am having fun looking at the entries here though.
Sorry to hear that you are suffering. I can relate to a minor extent. My constant pain level is not nearly as intense as yours. I send you big virtual :hug:

Sorry to hear that you are suffering. I can relate to a minor extent. My constant pain level is not nearly as intense as yours. I send you big virtual :hug:
Same to you :hug: it's not a competetiton, all chronic pain is frustrating and difficult. sorry to hear you have this problem too!

Back
Top Bottom