The CookingBites recipe challenge: fish

Recipe - Pan-Fried Seeds Breaded Swordfish Steaks

I make seafood chowder in a variety of ways, and I did enter a seafood chowder in a challenge previously using saffron and roasted garlic. I sometimes use fish in my chowders with different herbs and other ingredients. Just curious if I were to use fish in a seafood chowder that used some different ingredients if I would be allowed to enter it?

This is the one I entered previously using lobster, shrimp, etc:
Recipe - Creamy Seafood Chowder with Roasted Garlic and Saffron
20201120_093953-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to make a similar dish with a tuna steak, but couldn't get motivated to do it, especially right after making the tuna poke bowl.

I still need to try swordfish. I can get it here, but just never think about it.

CD

When you are used to other fish it’s normal not being very focused on another one, although swordfish really worth it a reminder. Swordfish can be a good alternative to tuna, in my opinion. I don’t know about the price over there, but over here is cheaper compared to tuna steaks.

I make seafood chowder in a variety of ways, and I did enter a seafood chowder in a challenge previously using saffron and roasted garlic. I sometimes use fish in my chowders with different herbs and other ingredients. Just curious if I were to use fish in a seafood chowder that used some different ingredients if I would be allowed to enter it?

Yes, why not. :)

Of course! So long as its not a whole recipe you have posted before.

This is the one I entered previously using lobster, shrimp, etc:
Recipe - Creamy Seafood Chowder with Roasted Garlic and Saffron
View attachment 71833
I think I am just going to make a quiche instead. No point in trying to reinvent the wheel, LOL. I mean I know I could make the chowder substantially different from my previous entry yet still very tasty, but I have never entered a quiche recipe in CB before and I have something yummy in mind! Guess I will go roll out a pastry crust this afternoon sometime.

Reminder to all that the countdown clock displays your local time. The actual time the challenge ends is midday on Sunday, in UK time. So, as I write, the challenge has 15 hours to run. To see current UK time, look at the time beneath my avatar.

Reminder to all that the countdown clock displays your local time. The actual time the challenge ends is midday on Sunday, in UK time. So, as I write, the challenge has 15 hours to run. To see current UK time, look at the time beneath my avatar.
Yeah, I will get mine written up before I go to bed tonight. I think you are like 6 hours ahead of me so if I get it done before midnight I am good to go, because I am darned sure not getting up at 6 a.m. to write it!

Back
Top Bottom