The CookingBites recipe challenge: fish

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
12:34 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. The current challenge ingredient is fish (not including invertebrates/shellfish) and vernplum is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe* using fish or a suitable vegetarian/vegan alternative**, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge. You may post up to 6 entries. Entries exceeding the limit will be disqualified.

Deadline: 12.00 midday Sunday 26th September, UK time (GMT +1). Detailed challenge rules can be found here.

*recipes must be posted within the time frame of the current challenge.
** some examples of vegan/vegetarian fish substitutes can be found here.

Last edited:
I'll have to cook some kind of fried catfish entry to keep with my trend of entering at least one Texican dish in challenges. I figured I'd mention this now, before I buy all the stuff just in time for somebody else to enter the same thing minutes before I cook mine. :facepalm:

CD
It's a fish challenge, so you won't be getting any competition from me! :laugh:

I'll have to cook some kind of fried catfish entry to keep with my trend of entering at least one Texican dish in challenges. I figured I'd mention this now, before I buy all the stuff just in time for somebody else to enter the same thing minutes before I cook mine. :facepalm:

CD
Usually TR does that but he'll be out on this one I'm sure.

vernplum I'm assuming we could use tinned fish or fresh/frozen? I have a few quirky ideas using tinned fish. I'm sure I can come up with some fresh fish recipes too.
For all my (Doctor) Who fans out there:

I've got lots of fish in my freezer. I have a small chest freezer in my garage with Chilean seabass (technically not really sea bass BTW), Ahi tuna, grouper, walleye, and perch. We eat fish several times a week.

I prefer fresh fish, but hey, I live in Ohio, and I can get fresh fish (expensive) here and there. Fresh salmon is easily obtained here. The only kind of canned fish I have ever used is tuna, and I use that in casseroles or sandwich mix (called tuna salad in the US). If I lived near the ocean I would never use anything but fresh fish.

Back
Top Bottom