The CookingBites recipe challenge: fish

Earwig ho. Lunch today was Salmon, just a simple but tasty recipe. Salmon with white wine and caper butter.

Besides the salmon and halibut that I have in the fridge, I have a large package of barbecue unagi that I had ordered to do sushi with. And I was surprised at how large the pieces are, - about 16 to 18" long and 1-/14" wide. But that makes sense; unagi is eel, a freshwater variety, from Japan.

I am thinking about doing something other than sushi with some of it. I just did all that egg sushi and figure to wait to do more sushi, till sometime later. So, no, you won't see a fish sushi entry in the challenge from me, not with only 6 possible entries.

Besides the salmon and halibut that I have in the fridge, I have a large package of barbecue unagi that I had ordered to do sushi with. And I was surprised at how large the pieces are, - about 16 to 18" long and 1-/14" wide. But that makes sense; unagi is eel, a freshwater variety, from Japan.

I am thinking about doing something other than sushi with some of it. I just did all that egg sushi and figure to wait to do more sushi, till sometime later. So, no, you won't see a fish sushi entry in the challenge from me, not with only 6 possible entries.
Better clarify with the judge that you can use eel. I love eel, though. Yeah it's a fish.

Not all eel are fish, though.

Hey, I'm not the judge, I don't really care. Not my pig, not my farm.

What kind of eels are not fishes? (Enquiring minds want to know :) ).

In any case we won’t break open the books of Carl Linaeus unless absolutely required. We can use common sense mostly to decide ‘is it a fish?’. :)

What kind of eels are not fishes? (Enquiring minds want to know :) ).

In any case we won’t break open the books of Carl Linaeus unless absolutely required. We can use common sense mostly to decide ‘is it a fish?’. :)
Oh, it's just in some places sea snakes are referred to as eels, so really it's more zbout whether it's a true eel or not.

You're the judge! :rolleyes:

Oh, it's just in some places sea snakes are referred to as eels, so really it's more zbout whether it's a true eel or not.

You're the judge! :rolleyes:

Ah ok. Sea Snakes are reptiles so if anyone can obtain one in their local supermarket, sorry, it won’t qualify for the challenge.

But if you can get one, buy it anyway, just because… would love to see it cooked!

Ah ok. Sea Snakes are reptiles so if anyone can obtain one in their local supermarket, sorry, it won’t qualify for the challenge.

But if you can get one, buy it anyway, just because… would love to see it cooked!
That wouldn't be likely to find where I live!

Back
Top Bottom