The CookingBites recipe challenge: fish

Dad cooked rattlesnake once. I think I was ten. I don't remember much about it except that it tastes like... chicken. And it wasn't bad.

NEXT CHALLENGE: REPTILES AND AMPHIBIANS!!!

I can only do frog legs and probably not even that, because they are hard to find. No, actually, more than that, - I still have some alligator tenderloins in the freezer.

BTW: I've eaten Burmese python before, cooked by a Thai chef. It did not taste like chicken. It had its own flavor and was sort of rubbery.

Last edited:
I don't see that it needs clarification. You said it "Yeah it's a fish."
You already posted that exact same thing yesterday, and the judge and many other forum members made posts since then. What is your point in repeating yourself?

You already posted that exact same thing yesterday, and the judge and many other forum members made posts since then. What is your point in repeating yourself?

Sorry. I thought that I had, but the post was left hanging in the Post reply box and I got unsure. It's apparently an instance of that bug issue that somebody else recently chatted on.

Sorry. I thought that I had, but the post was left hanging in the Post reply box and I got unsure. It's apparently an instance of that bug issue that somebody else recently chatted on.
Must have been a glitch.

Yep, I've seen happen a few times now. This time, I wasn't sure and just hit the Post reply button.

I won't delete the duplicate post, as SatNavSaysStraightOn should see it.
I think we are supposed to report it to make sure she sees it? Not sure. I think it is only really obvious when it's double posts with the 2nd post right after the 1st.

I think we are supposed to report it to make sure she sees it? Not sure. I think it is only really obvious when it's double posts with the 2nd post right after the 1st.

I did get it reported.

I can only do frog legs and probably not even that, because they are hard to find. No, actually, more than that, - I still have some alligator tenderloins in the freezer.

BTW: I've eaten Burmese python before, cooked by a Thai chef. It did not taste like chicken. It had its own flavor and was sort of rubbery.
While we are digressing further: I only have eaten snake once (I am open to trying it again, after all I was only ten then). I have eaten alligator when in New Orleans and Florida - but they were presented as sausage so I have no idea what it really taste like. And I have eaten and even made frog legs. None of these are easy to find up here where I live, although a roadside seafood stand does carry frozen frog legs, at least they did pre-pandemic. (Route to my old home in Connecticut which I am traversing far less nowadays, both since the old home is now sold and because of less pandemic travelling. AND they are (were?) only open Fridays and Saturdays....)

Back
Top Bottom