The CookingBites recipe challenge: fish

This is a grownup version of the tuna casserole my mother fed me growing up.

Recipe - J's Elevated Tuna Casserole

Tuna casserole is a popular dish in many households across the US. I used really good Ahi tuna (frozen, not canned) in this recipe, along with homemade cream of mushroom soup Recipe - Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup using a seafood stock I made Recipe - Seafood Stock

My version of comfort food!
View attachment 70727

View attachment 70728
Don't try changing them at all. They will be black in the first post right up until you actually click on the post reply button, advert that they change to the default.
I've been though and corrected them for you.

I've heard it tastes like (wait for it)... chicken. :laugh:

Rattlesnake is cooked in Texas. That wouldn't count, but I can cook some up some day. It isn't something you can find in any grocery store, but I'm sure I can get it.

CD
I've actually eaten snake in Vietnam. It was good.

..but I'd loovve to attend one of those Texas Rattlesnake roundups and cookouts - I bet that's really tasty.

Anyway - back on topic: Fish. :)

Don't try changing them at all. They will be black in the first post right up until you actually click on the post reply button, advert that they change to the default.
I've been though and corrected them for you.
But I had already fixed it to the color I wanted, light green bold, and it took. Now they are not the color I wanted anymore. I'm going to change it back, lol.

Oh, and I had posted them completely and was going back into edit. Normally when I click "post reply", my font colors are set as I had chosen with no issues. I kept going back and editing that post because this time, one of the recipe links kept reverting to a different shade of green than the others (there were links to 3 recipes in that post). I had to edit that post (recipe challenge entry) 5 times before it finally worked. Thank you though.

Edited to add: And now as I am trying to change it back to what I had before, it's doing the same thing it did before it finally took. One of my links is a different shade of green than the others. After I finalize and hit "post reply", it's still showing a different green, and I go back in and edit it, and it still is reverting to a different shade of green. It took me several edits to get it to take last time, I will keep trying. Drats.

Okay, I keep trying to edit it (after finalizing the post and submitting the edit) and I can't get the color I wanted on the first link. It keeps reverting to the ugly olive drab color. I have edited it multiple times and it won't take. I want light green bold like the other two links in the post!!!!!

Okay, after repeated attempts, I can't fix it. Frustrating.

Last edited:
But I had already fixed it to the color I wanted, light green bold, and it took. Now they are not the color I wanted anymore. I'm going to change it back, lol.

Oh, and I had posted them completely and was going back into edit. Normally when I click "post reply", my font colors are set as I had chosen with no issues. I kept going back and editing that post because this time, one of the recipe links kept reverting to a different shade of green than the others (there were links to 3 recipes in that post). I had to edit that post (recipe challenge entry) 5 times before it finally worked. Thank you though.

Edited to add: And now as I am trying to change it back to what I had fixed before, it's doing the same thing it did before it finally took. One of my links is a different shade of green than the others. After I finalize and hit "post reply", it's still showing a different green, and I go back in and edit it, and it still is reverting to a different shade of green. It took me several edits to get it to take last time, I will keep trying. Drats.

Okay, I keep trying to edit it (after finalizing the post and submitting the edit) and I can't get the color I wanted on the first link. It keeps reverting to olive drab. I have edited it multiple times and it won't take. I want light green bold like the other two links in the post!!!!!

Mod.comment:

Its the standard format for the forum so that all links are the same colour whichever post and whoever's post they are in. This gives a consistent feel to the site and makes it easier to read.

You are in fact contravening rules if you change the colour although I'm sure you didn't know that. See rule 16 in our in terms and conditions Terms and rules

Last edited:
Mod.comment:

Its the standard format for the forum so that all links are the same colour which everpost and whoever's post they are in. This gives a consistent feel to the site and makes it easier to read.

You are in fact contravening rules if you change the colour although I'm sure you didn't know that. See rule 16 in our in terms and conditions Terms and rules
Thanks for the clarification. It wasn't a big deviation, just a lighter shade of green that is actually a pretty color instead of the ugly default color. If I have to go ugly because it's the rules, that's what I will do.

Thanks for the clarification. It wasn't a big deviation, just a lighter shade of green that is actually a pretty color instead of the ugly default color. If I have to go ugly because it's the rules, that's what I will do.

Thanks - its partly to do with using colours which are easier to read for folk who have dyslexia and other reading issues. I don't mind the dull green too much because its subtle and doesn't 'disrupt' the flow of reading the text.

Thanks - its partly to do with using colours which are easier to read for folk who have dyslexia and other reading issues. I don't mind the dull green too much because its subtle and doesn't 'disrupt' the flow of reading the text.
LOL I can't find the ugly color in the palette to "fix" it, I keep selecting various greens and none of them are that shade.

Mod.comment:

Its the standard format for the forum so that all links are the same colour whichever post and whoever's post they are in. This gives a consistent feel to the site and makes it easier to read.

"Please do not use excessive formatting changes in your posts for colours, fonts, sizes, styles and smilies."

I just went and read rule #16 (excerpt above). I personally don't think that changing from olive green to a lighter shade of green is excessive...I get where really large print or bold neon colors could be distracting, but a simple change in the shade of green doesn't seem disrupting, to me. I have actually been doing that for a very long time and no one has ever commented on it and it has not been moderated to default, so...

Last edited:
"Please do not use excessive formatting changes in your posts for colours, fonts, sizes, styles and smilies."

I just went and read rule #16 (except above). I personally don't think that changing from olive green to a lighter shade of green is excessive...I get where really large print or bold neon colors could be distracting, but a simple change in the shade of green doesn't seem disrupting, to me. I have actually been doing that for a very long time and no one has ever commented on it and it has not been moderated to default, so...

Maybe nobody noticed but nevertheless there is a default style for the forum for the purposes of consistency. It would be silly if we allowed some colours and not others. Imagine the arguments that could ensue about whether a certain shade or hue was OK or not. Blimey - I wouldn't want to get involved with that.

I've changed the posts back to the rather boring default now.

We are off topic so back to fishy things...

Maybe nobody noticed but nevertheless there is a default style for the forum for the purposes of consistency. It would be silly if we allowed some colours and not others. Imagine the arguments that could ensue about whether a certain shade or hue was OK or not. Blimey - I wouldn't want to get involved with that.

I've changed the posts back to the rather boring default now.

We are off topic so back to fishy things...
Okay but I will reiterate that I did not change the color, just the shade (nothing outlandish), and the rule specifically referenced "excessive formatting changes" (which mine was not), so my point is I did not break any rules. I don't think any arguments would ensue about hues or shades since the color was still the same and was not an excessive change. And that's probably why no one has ever noticed it. If I had changed it to bright pink, red, neon yellow, etc., that would be a different story.

Done now, thank you for your time and your help.

Rattlesnake is cooked in Texas. That wouldn't count, but I can cook some up some day. It isn't something you can find in any grocery store, but I'm sure I can get it.

CD
Dad cooked rattlesnake once. I think I was ten. I don't remember much about it except that it tastes like... chicken. And it wasn't bad.

NEXT CHALLENGE: REPTILES AND AMPHIBIANS!!!

Back
Top Bottom