The CookingBites recipe challenge: minced/ground meat or fish (or meat alternative)

Papoutsakia: Greek Stuffed Eggplant/Aubergine

gr-eggplant-sesrved.jpg

I have a good idea and the ingredients, but just don't feel up to making it, so I may miss this one.

The reason I have to avoid salt is because my liver/kidneys don't process water and salt very well. I have meds for that, but while in the hospital, the doctors (in their infinite wisdom) took me off of them. Now I'm full of water, and everything wears me out, including working in the kitchen. I can't get the water drained on a holiday, so I'm probably going to let this challenge expire without me.

BTW, it was going to be a cajun cottage pie I call "Bayou Pie." Ground chicken, diced andouille sausage, the trinity (onion, celery, bell pepper) and the normal mashed tater topping.

CD

I have a good idea and the ingredients, but just don't feel up to making it, so I may miss this one.

The reason I have to avoid salt is because my liver/kidneys don't process water and salt very well. I have meds for that, but while in the hospital, the doctors (in their infinite wisdom) took me off of them. Now I'm full of water, and everything wears me out, including working in the kitchen. I can't get the water drained on a holiday, so I'm probably going to let this challenge expire without me.

BTW, it was going to be a cajun cottage pie I call "Bayou Pie." Ground chicken, diced andouille sausage, the trinity (onion, celery, bell pepper) and the normal mashed tater topping.

CD
That sounds amazing. Maybe someday you will have another chance to enter it. I hope you are feeling better soon!

CD
Hey I am sorry to hear that, hugs from me! :hug: hope you will feel better soon

Hey, I have a question? How strict is this deadline on this contest? I was running behind schedule today and am in the process of preparing my entry, but I am afraid it might be a little past due for the write up. Please let me know if I can have a little extra time?

Recipe - Asian inspired minced seafood roll

I love seafood and lobster rolls whenever visiting the Northeast USA coast. I also really love Asian food! I decided to combine a few flavors to create my own twist and it turned out better than expected. I hope you love it!

Last edited:
Hey, I have a question? How strict is this deadline on this contest? I was running behind schedule today and am in the process of preparing my entry, but I am afraid it might be a little past due for the write up. Please let me know if I can have a little extra time?
It’s up to you to say yay or nay, kaneohegirlinaz, since you’re the judge this time around.

Back
Top Bottom