The CookingBites recipe challenge: minced/ground meat or fish (or meat alternative)

I was having issues with my photos so I deleted the first post.

I was having issues with my photos so I deleted the first post.
It looks like one needs rotating, the middle one with just the meat. Would you agree, or is that just the way it looks?

I rotated it in the earlier post, so I can rotate in this one as well if you think it should be.

It looks like one needs rotating, the middle one with just the meat. Would you agree, or is that just the way it looks?

I rotated it in the earlier post, so I can rotate in this one as well if you think it should be.
Okay that's what threw me off. Yeah, it's fine if you think it looks better, then I just have to adjust the size and placement again but that's ok.

Okay that's what threw me off. Yeah, it's fine if you think it looks better, then I just have to adjust the size and placement again but that's ok.
It’s fine, it just looked to me like a photo that didn’t get flipped, as sometimes happens. I’m fine to leave it as it is.

Okay, trying to write up my recipe, but it won't allow me to add the tag "peppers" or even "pepper". It states I am not allowed to create new tags.

It was my 6th tag, I think we are allowed to add 6 tags, right?

Last edited:
Okay, trying to write up my recipe, but it won't allow me to add the tag "peppers" or even "pepper". It states I am not allowed to create new tags.

It was my 6th tag, I think we are allowed to add 6 tags, right?
There isn’t a generic “peppers” tag; common peppers are listed out by type (like bell, jalapeño, habanero, etc).

I think the error message you’re seeing is that you may be trying to enter peppers, and since that tag doesn’t exist, it’s telling you that you can’t create a new tag. I was able to add some existing peppers to your recipe (just as a test, I’ve since removed them).

Members used to be able to create new tags on the fly - you could just type something in and if a tag didn’t exist, it would create it on the spot. We turned that off, limiting new tags to staff only, because the tag database had gotten ridiculously littered with duplicates, triplicates, misspelled tags, tags in multiple languages, etc.

Whenever you think a new tag should be created, you can just report it to us using the Report button in the recipe post, asking if a new tag can be created. That’ll send us a note, we’ll review it, and either create it or explain why we won’t create it.

There isn’t a generic “peppers” tag; common peppers are listed out by type (like bell, jalapeño, habanero, etc).

I think the error message you’re seeing is that you may be trying to enter peppers, and since that tag doesn’t exist, it’s telling you that you can’t create a new tag. I was able to add some existing peppers to your recipe (just as a test, I’ve since removed them).

Members used to be able to create new tags on the fly - you could just type something in and if a tag didn’t exist, it would create it on the spot. We turned that off, limiting new tags to staff only, because the tag database had gotten ridiculously littered with duplicates, triplicates, misspelled tags, tags in multiple languages, etc.

Whenever you think a new tag should be created, you can just report it to us using the Report button in the recipe post, asking if a new tag can be created. That’ll send us a note, we’ll review it, and either create it or explain why we won’t create it.
Okay thanks. I added both bell peppers and jalapeno peppers as tags. Apparently I can have 7 tags. I thought it was 6.

I made 5 litres of bolognese today. I’ve frozen 8 containers and I’ve got a litre in the fridge to make lasagna tomorrow.

The recipe is very different from what I used to make as trained by a friends Nonna.

First I made a big batch of tomato pasta sauce, while that’s simmering away I season 50:50 beef & pork mince with typical Italian sausage seasonings, after blending the sauce smooth & bottling some of it I added another can of diced tomato and then stirred in the raw seasoned mince. Takes quite a bit of stirring and then needs to be simmer for 45 minutes.

It’s actually delicious.

I made 5 litres of bolognese today. I’ve frozen 8 containers and I’ve got a litre in the fridge to make lasagna tomorrow.

The recipe is very different from what I used to make as trained by a friends Nonna.

First I made a big batch of tomato pasta sauce, while that’s simmering away I season 50:50 beef & pork mince with typical Italian sausage seasonings, after blending the sauce smooth & bottling some of it I added another can of diced tomato and then stirred in the raw seasoned mince. Takes quite a bit of stirring and then needs to be simmer for 45 minutes.

It’s actually delicious.
Are you going to write up the recipe and enter it?

I think I counted 18 recipes so far? I'm making lamb burgers for my nephew's birthday next Saturday but it will be too late.

Greek Lamb Koftas

lamb-served-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom