The CookingBites recipe challenge: minced/ground meat or fish (or meat alternative)

I'm debating on submitting some kind of burger, but my idea of a perfect burger is made of simple ingredients and good execution. It would look the same as a boring burger, and you can't taste pictures!

Not sure why it took me so long to think of this, but I used a mandolin slicer for the onion and tomato. It kept them super thin so they added flavor but did not overpower the meat.
I’d like to see it! Sometimes, the beauty lies in the simplicity, and we can all read the recipe and imagine it, right?

🍔!

0F106B7A-BA96-4078-BB61-5B9596183F11.jpeg

Chicken Kofta with freshly baked pita bread.

Last edited:
Meatballs:

Recipe - Chicken-Meatball Yakitori

I don't make a lot of Asian-inspired/influenced dishes, so MrsT is always happy when I do, as she loves the stuff. This was no exception.

As this is chicken, it makes for a very nice, light meatball, so it pairs nicely with the weather we've been having here. Very simply flavored with shallot and lemon zest, and the little bit of sweet-and-salty from the easy basting/dipping sauce.

Served with grilled mushrooms and veg. I will point out that I did not eat the mushrooms shown above, they're just props to get into the pic. MrsT ate all 15 of them, and she was welcome to every last one.

I thought quite a bit on this challenge actually.
I looked through past ingredients and had a few ideas:
Bar-b-que sauce
Hotdogs
AND
Spam®

I don’t know how I missed it before, but it's so obvious now: ground Spam!!! I can freeze the Spam somewhat and run it through the meat grinder, and make...um, I'm not sure. Spamburgers?

I'm guessing this wouldn't count, grinding reconstituted ground meat.

Last edited:
B937B9A8-6387-42A8-B452-4F00D81AFA22.jpeg

Catfish Burger and Salmon Burger. I made the catfish burger like a fish taco, with masa harina, pickled peppers, spicy mayo, and cilantro. The salmon burger is made like a bagel and lox, with capers, pickled onions, and cilantro, and mayo taking the place of cream cheese. I cut up and froze both fishies before running them through the grinder. I’m not ashamed to admit I ate both of them in the same sitting.

Last edited:
View attachment 86937

Catfish Burger and Salmon Burger. I made the catfish burger like a fish taco, with masa harina, pickled peppers, spicy mayo, and cilantro. The salmon burger is made like a bagel and lox, with capers, pickled onions, and cilantro, and mayo taking the place of cream cheese. I cut up and froze both fishies before running them through the grinder. I’m not ashamed to admit I ate both of them in the same sitting.
Awesome! I'm trying this once I am recovered enough

View attachment 86937

My goodness... spectacular!!

Back
Top Bottom