The CookingBites recipe challenge: minced/ground meat or fish (or meat alternative)

Note: Very few burger buns taste wonderful in my experience. I did recently discover a homemade exception. Otherwise, I prefer to do without, and have my hamburgers in lettuce wraps. Mustard, melting cheese, dill pickles - potentially a slice of tomato in season. These are not remotely "burger steaks". Burgers without buns, or burgers in lettuce wraps.

I have had "Salisbury steak" which I've never liked. School cafeteria food.

Here’s a pic of Ponderosa’s chopped steak (from their website):

Anybody seen the commercial for Arby's Wagyu burger? In tiny little letters at the bottom, it says it's made from a blend. Supposedly, it's 52% Wagyu and 48% "ground beef." It apparently comes already cooked via sous vide and is 6.4 oz. It is then reheated in a fryer for a few seconds to give it a crispy outer finish.

Anybody seen the commercial for Arby's Wagyu burger? In tiny little letters at the bottom, it says it's made from a blend. Supposedly, it's 52% Wagyu and 48% "ground beef." It apparently comes already cooked via sous vide and is 6.4 oz. It is then reheated in a fryer for a few seconds to give it a crispy outer finish.
Saw the commercial and wondered if it was the real deal. Thanks for details.

I'm debating on submitting some kind of burger, but my idea of a perfect burger is made of simple ingredients and good execution. It would look the same as a boring burger, and you can't taste pictures!

Not sure why it took me so long to think of this, but I used a mandolin slicer for the onion and tomato. It kept them super thin so they added flavor but did not overpower the meat.

Back
Top Bottom