The CookingBites recipe challenge: mushrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no issues with nuts. live off them. literally have them daily.

The Late Night Gourmet can you give MC an alternative for her and her only (assuming she's the only one who can't have nuts? can Windigo ?) that she can use instead of nuts? I don't know if her allergy extends to peanuts or coconut (some nut allergies don't include peanuts with them not actually being a true nut) but if you could arrange something for her please? perhaps seeds?

I've no issues with nuts. live off them. literally have them daily.

The Late Night Gourmet can you give MC an alternative for her and her only (assuming she's the only one who can't have nuts? can Windigo ?) that she can use instead of nuts? I don't know if her allergy extends to peanuts or coconut (some nut allergies don't include peanuts with them not actually being a true nut) but if you could arrange something for her please? perhaps seeds?
Yeah I am fine with nuts and seeds in small quantities 👍

We have in the past had almonds and more recently pistachios but not nuts in general. I know Mountain Cat has an allergy to them. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of cooking with nuts other than as part of a crunchy topping and possibly in a savoury stuffing - but that's probably just me. There are obviously lots of cakes, biscuits etc. that can be made with them too. What do other members think?

Coconut is technically not a nut but could be included. I do use grated coconut in curries.
I'll watch and read, but probably won't participate. I eat cashews, almonds, etc. on a regular basis but I rarely cook with them.

I'll watch and read, but probably won't participate. I eat cashews, almonds, etc. on a regular basis but I rarely cook with them.

Ah - but that is the point of the challenge - it gets us to explore things. I'm not the biggest fan of cooking with nuts, as I said above but I'm looking at possibilities and things I might not have thought of before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom