The CookingBites recipe challenge: mushrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I select: Late Night Gourmet's duck-breast-with-mushroom-blueberry-sauce. It isn't even so much the duck breast (though this didn't hurt) but the combo with blueberries that had this one step out by a toenail ahead. This was a difficult challenge, even without computer and offline incidences - and I look forward to making just about all the recipes here. Over the next few days I will be leaving comments on the recipes themselves.

Congratulations The Late Night Gourmet! :bravo:

As you know, its now over to you to choose the next ingredient and become judge for the next round. As usual, its best to choose an ingredient which is fairly accessible in all our various countries. It doesn't matter if you choose an ingredient which has gone before so long as it wasn't too recently. A list of all ingredients chosen is here in date order and here in alphabetical order.

If you want to you can 'float' an idea for the next ingredient in this thread.

Congratulations The Late Night Gourmet !

I feel great that you got picked with this duck breast recipe as it is akin to the duck breast recipe with blackberry sauce I posted in the poultry challenge.

full.jpg

I love duck and yours and my duck breast recipes were both winners in my mind.

Yum.

You all will have the results early this next morning. Got online here earlier but the computer decided to have a crash and a reboot - and to update Windoze, which I could;nt wait around for.

Home now - and falling off to sleep... Tomorrow Morning.
I loved how you spelled Windows as Windoze, LOLOLOLOL...and then went to sleep.

View attachment 73839

Duck Breast with Mushroom Blueberry Sauce. Served with Bacon Fried Brussels Sprouts. Yeah, I know. This is one ingredient challenge late to what I had planned originally. But, as it often does, life got in the way. The mushrooms are an important part of this recipe, but of course it is mostly about the duck breast.
I love how you pan-seared it with a crispy skin and didn't overcook the breast. Lovely dish, congratulations!

I select: Late Night Gourmet's duck-breast-with-mushroom-blueberry-sauce. It isn't even so much the duck breast (though this didn't hurt) but the combo with blueberries that had this one step out by a toenail ahead. This was a difficult challenge, even without computer and offline incidences - and I look forward to making just about all the recipes here. Over the next few days I will be leaving comments on the recipes themselves.
Wow. Thank you so much. I certainly wasn’t expecting this.

Life had gotten a bit tricky for me lately, but I will think of ingredient ideas and post them here as soon as I can.

You might think I’m nuts for suggesting this, but how about:

NUTS

I have seen a few challenges that were nut-related (like coconut), but this would be anything and everything that you can make with a nut.

We have in the past had almonds and more recently pistachios but not nuts in general. I know Mountain Cat has an allergy to them. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of cooking with nuts other than as part of a crunchy topping and possibly in a savoury stuffing - but that's probably just me. There are obviously lots of cakes, biscuits etc. that can be made with them too. What do other members think?

Coconut is technically not a nut but could be included. I do use grated coconut in curries.

We have in the past had almonds and more recently pistachios but not nuts in general. I know Mountain Cat has an allergy to them. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of cooking with nuts other than as part of a crunchy topping and possibly in a savoury stuffing - but that's probably just me. There are obviously lots of cakes, biscuits etc. that can be made with them too. What do other members think?

Coconut is technically not a nut but could be included. I do use grated coconut in curries.

I'm okay with nuts as a challenge ingredient

If a coconut is okay, how about a doughnut. :rolleyes:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom