The CookingBites recipe challenge: mushrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipe - Edemame ravioli with shiitaki mushroom curry sauce

full.jpg

Last edited:
I had a sixth mushroom recipe in mind that involved manicotti, but I will not be getting to that for this challenge. I have too much going on in the way of projects and chores. Sorry.

The next thing I will be doing that involves mushrooms in a big way is spaghetti sauce. And I will likely not be getting on to that, unless I clear up the chores and projects I am involved with.

Cheers and bon appetit.

Recipe - Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Portobellos

StuffedPortos-001.jpg

Look, I got the recipe thread up before the entry post. :woot:

I love Spinach and artichoke dip -- with tortillas chips. It occurred to me that this dip, modified, would make a good stuffed portobello mushroom. I actually got something right -- it is very good.

I changed the recipe I have been using for 20-something years by using less cream cheese. I think it was a better texture for a stuffed mushroom. I actually got that right, too.

Surfing the web, I also learned something new about mushrooms for stuffing. If you salt them and pre-bake them, they firm up, and give up some excess water. See the recipe for more on that.

CD

...I should add that traditionally 'Mattar Mushroom' uses cashew nuts to create a creamy sauce. I seem to recall Mountain Cat, our judge has a nut allergy so no nuts in this. Its less calorific this way anyway.

Figuring out how our mutually different time changes work about now... I will be back with some results fairly soon!

The deadline has passed and the challenge is now closed. No rush to judge. Please take your time. As usual, the way to see all entries displayed as a list, with links to the recipes, is to click on the cookingbites recipe challenge tag.

You all will have the results early this next morning. Got online here earlier but the computer decided to have a crash and a reboot - and to update Windoze, which I could;nt wait around for.

Home now - and falling off to sleep... Tomorrow Morning.

Your'e just toying with us, aren't you. :cat: You cats are all the same.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom