The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Mustard

Emmental and Dijon Mustard Omelette - this wasn't supposed to be an entry (too simple), but as @Yorky has entered his Ham Salad Sandwich maybe it should be. :happy:

fullsizeoutput_4bca.jpeg

Roasted Mustard Potatoes ( Failed Recipe )
From time to time, we all make dishes that are not so good. Normally, we don't post them. However, I think it is important to see some failures. Just to keep us honest. I set out to make roasted potatoes featuring a mustard sauce. What I ended up with was a baking dish full of the worst tasting potatoes I have ever made.

From time to time, we all make dishes that are not so good. Normally, we don't post them. However, I think it is important to see some failures. Just to keep us honest. I set out to make roasted potatoes featuring a mustard sauce. What I ended up with was a baking dish full of the worst tasting potatoes I have ever made.

I thought the recipe that I just posted with the mustard crusted salmon was going to be a failure. When I initially made the mustard coating I thought it was way to strong. After cooking it with the salmon it toned it down a lot. My wife said make this anytime that I want lol.

So - what went wrong. I have a vested interest in knowing as I have a Mustard Potato recipe planned! Looks as if perhaps it was all too wet?

I have one memory with mustard sauce, I always give instructions to the subway boy to spread extra mustard sauce on my subway. Now he is used to of it and do the same without any instructions.

I have one memory with mustard sauce, I always give instructions to the subway boy to spread extra mustard sauce on my subway. Now he is used to of it and do the same without any instructions.
I used to get cheese and mustard sandwiches from a sandwich bar. They used to spread extra mustard on the cheese too. In the end they were more like mustard sandwiches with a bit of cheese in :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom