The CookingBites recipe challenge: oranges

I’ll post this here as well, having a sumo mandarin:

View attachment 95047
People are talking about egg prices…these things are $3US/each right now. :eek:

View attachment 95048

View attachment 95049View attachment 95050

SatNavSaysStraightOn - you can see how I peel the membrane off (as best I can; this variety has a very thin, almost nonexistent membrane), and what I’m left with.

Now, excuse me, everyone, as I follow the advice of a previous post and rub those peels all over my body…strictly as a mosquito repellent, mind you…what’s that? There aren’t any mosquitoes in Ohio in January? See, it’s working already! :laugh:

I just paid $2.99 for three pounds of "heirloom" navel oranges at Kroger.

CD

Carne Asada

wahoo 013.JPG

I make Carne Asada ALOT!
Here's a nice way to serve it:
I put together a Taco salad, and it is delicious!
I used jarred salsa (because that’s what I had on hand) as the salad dressing; some chopped radishes, sweet red and yellow bell peppers, hot house cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions , onions, and assorted lettuces.

For that price, I hope they were really good... and make you smarter, and better in bed.

CD
Well, they were delicious, very sweet, and I think they did make me smarter, because I’m no longer dumb enough to pay that much again, and as to being better in bed, I did sleep like a rock last night (assuming that’s what you meant… :whistling: ).

Orange Fun Fact:
"Fruits give off a gas called ethylene, the ripening agent that will lead to faster spoilage of the produce around it ... Plastic bags will only make oranges moldy." a quote from The Healthy a Readers Digest brand

IMG_2464.JPG

FACT!

Why? You're missing out.
If I were cooking for the challenge, I would have, but since I’m not, I’m embracing the sticker shock of two oranges for $7. I’m still getting over the $6 for the two sumos.

$13 for four oranges in less than a week seems outrageous to me, but no doubt, I’ll be back over there in three or four days getting a couple. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom