The CookingBites recipe challenge: oranges

Orange Fun Fact:
"Fruits give off a gas called ethylene, the ripening agent that will lead to faster spoilage of the produce around it ... Plastic bags will only make oranges moldy." a quote from The Healthy a Readers Digest brand

View attachment 95077

FACT!

You can get ethylene absobing products tor your fridge. I have one. They last about 3 months.

CD

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

I just got back from Sprouts Farmers Market (it's a grocery store based out of Phoenix) and this is what I saw.
They're not very large oranges, maybe the size of a small-ish Navel orange.
interesting.
I would have bought this if I hadn't just purchased an 8 pound bag of Cara Cara from Costco.

You can get ethylene absobing products tor your fridge. I have one. They last about 3 months.

CD
I have that in one of the crisper drawers, this bag I totally forgot about ... coming home after a huge haul from Costco, I just chucked the 8 pound bag in the pantry and forgot all about it until last night :o_o: Well, I only lost two oranges.
I have a basket in the pantry for fruits that don't need to be taking up space in the `fridge.

Good question though: where is the optimum storage space for Oranges?

I am so jealous you guys have them. Think I'm going to a different grocery tomorrow or Tuesday.

These are all California oranges that I am showing. Didn't Florida have a freeze problem recently?

CD

I got some blood oranges today. $2.99 for 2 pounds, not 3 pounds like the Navels I bought the other day.

IMG_2127.JPG

CD

Back
Top Bottom